How much can we negotiate at dealers? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much can we negotiate at dealers?

Re: How much can we negotiate at dealers?

Quote Originally Posted by DOHC1 View Post
    A/C tax? on a bike?
    Hah...I'd love to know also how tire rotation works on a bike as well...

I was at Kahuna last weekend and they didn't seem to want to negotiate much. I shopped around a little and ended up getting a 250r from Rick at Bulington cycle. Awesome guy. $5660 OTD...that includes freight/PDI, inspection, tax and plated. Picking it up in 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by bubuski View Post
    I was at Kahuna last weekend and they didn't seem to want to negotiate much. I shopped around a little and ended up getting a 250r from Rick at Bulington cycle. Awesome guy. $5660 OTD...that includes freight/PDI, inspection, tax and plated. Picking it up in 12 hours.
    Remember to post pics of your new bike, or it didn't happen!

Quote Originally Posted by ModularGT View Post
    Remember to post pics of your new bike, or it didn't happen!

Fully suited on my new ninja. Some might say overkill for a 250, but it feels thesame falling off at 60kph.
    I was more surprised that still fit in my gear from 4 years ago. The country ride from Burlington back to Mississauga was great

As others have said, there is no rule in negotiating. You decide how badly you want the bike. Sit down and figure out the most can actually pay for the bike, and verify insurance cost BEFORE you purchase the bike. You also need to allow for gear in the first year. You can then go in person to the dealers that you can get to easily (like don't drive to Peterborough are if you live in Oakville), and negotiate the best price. Be prepared to get up and walk out if they will not budge. Do not show any emotion, like getting all excited at the prospect of getting a new bike that day.
    They need you a lot more than you need them. Do not get aggressive, or angry or upset by the price they offer. Always negotiate the out the door price from the beggining. All you need to be aware of is the final out the door price. For example, one dealer tells you $5100 for the bike, and another dealer tells you $4800. The first place may have an additional $200 for misc fees, and license plates, plus HST. The second will have additional expenses as well, but they are $500 plus HST. There is no standard price for the misc prices, the freight may even be different between two dealerships. If you only deal with out the door price, it gets around this extra charge crap. Remember, dealerships will not pricematch the misc charges. They may price match the actual bike, but, the misc charges is where the most profit is.

the best bargaining is to get good deals on gear...

Quote Originally Posted by DOHC1 View Post
    A/C tax? on a bike?
    Yes, usually listed by the bear tax on a motorcycle quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_San View Post
    Hah...I'd love to know also how tire rotation works on a bike as well...
    I'm glad people are enjoying my sarcasm.

Consider my daughter's Honda: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-for-550-less)
    It is new (ODO: 69 km) and you will save money. I am not a dealer and bike is in perfect conditions.