Bike purchase question

Thread: Bike purchase question

Bike purchase question

Good afternoon all,

New rider here. I'm looking at purchasing this bike:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ369490586

Now, just two main questions here. One, What kind of Honda is this classified as. I'm assuming its a Shadow. But not sure which one. Be it the Sabre, spirit, ACE.. not entirely sure. Second, the lack of rear turn signals lead me to question if that was legal in Ontario. I looked on google, but didn't see anything specific.

I guess I'll add a third.. comments on the bike? Price? LOL

Thanks all.

Re: Bike purchase question

Definitely illegal on the road without rear turn and brake signals. Though the licence plate holder looks like some sort of brake light?

Would you feel comfortable braking without notifying the car behind you that you are..?
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

Ad is gone.

It was sold. I'm sticking with the same bike. Honda Shadow. They seem to be selling from anywhere between 4-7k. I'm getting really sick of the bait and switch "as is" moves they're pulling though. I wish i could find a dealer instead of these shady private sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    It was sold. I'm sticking with the same bike. Honda Shadow. They seem to be selling from anywhere between 4-7k. I'm getting really sick of the bait and switch "as is" moves they're pulling though. I wish i could find a dealer instead of these shady private sellers.
    Ask the sellers why they're selling 'as is'. Some don't want the 30-day safety to be expired. So ask them if you pay for safety, will they safety it before you buy it. Or bring a mechanic with you. Ted Rose from Rosey Toes can inspect the bike for you, as an example.