Ivan Mavrinac, craftsman/founder of 'I.M. LEATHER GOODS' sadly passes away Mar. 29/12

Thread: Ivan Mavrinac, craftsman/founder of 'I.M. LEATHER GOODS' sadly passes away Mar. 29/12

Unhappy Ivan Mavrinac, craftsman/founder of 'I.M. LEATHER GOODS' sadly passes away Mar. 29/12

Sadly, Ivan Mavrinac, craftsman + founder of 'I.M. LEATHER GOODS', one of Canada's Finest Custom Motorcycle Leathers Manufacturers has passed away on March 29, 2012.

Celebrate Ivan's Life

Saturday, April 14th, 2012, starting 3pm

I.M. Leather Goods

257 King St. E.,

Hamilton, ON

(905) 525-7121

as posted in the Hamilton Spectator Obituaries:

MAVRINAC, Ivan It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Ivan on March 29, 2012, at the age of 63. Survived by his wife Janice, daughter Jennifer, mother Flora and sister Natasha, he will be dearly missed by both them and his many friends and customers. Not only was he a unique and unforgettable personality, the one of a kind leather clothing he made for over 40 years was as well. A Celebration of his Life open house will be held on April 14, 2012 at I.M. Leather Goods, 257 King Street East in Hamilton starting at 3 p.m. Many thanks to the tremendous efforts of the staff at the Hamilton General's CCU.

It is with great sadness, I learned of Ivan's passing. For 3 decades, I've been sending my motorcycle students to Ivan and collectively we've been trying to keep everyone riding safely and well leathered, protected by Ivan's superb craftsmanship. Riders wearing his leathers have benefited immensely as they helped to hold many riders together, minimizing injuries during crashes and at times, saving precious lives.

Ivan was always a joy to visit, as he shared his craft with others. His works were the best! Ivan will be greatly missed, and we are pleased to hear his daughter, Jennifer, will continue running I.M. Leather Goods..... Thanks so much for all the great memories Bro! Ivan, you are the best!

I'm hoping those that knew him will join me at the 'Celebration of Ivan's Life' this saturday, see you there........................................

RIDE SAFE / RIDE WELL / RIDE OFTEN,

Art Jackes /WORK OF ART!

Re: Ivan Mavrinac, craftsman/founder of 'I.M. LEATHER GOODS' sadly passes away Mar. 2

RIP Ivan.

I still have my leathers I bought from IM Leathers years ago...good memories.

Re: Ivan Mavrinac, craftsman/founder of 'I.M. LEATHER GOODS' sadly passes away Mar. 2

Condolences to family and friends of Ivan. I never actually met him, but did speak to him on the telephone. Someone recommended him to alterations for me. Sadly, I waited too long to have him do this for me
    2007 Honda CBR125r
    Prov. 15:1
    John 8:7

Ivan was the best, I had my suit made by him and it is amazing, He even put words on my suit for free. He was the best. He will be miss.

Hi Skitta....... Have faith, unfortunately we've lost Ivan but you haven't lost out completely, - Ivan's daugther Jennifer can easily fix you up on any leather alterations or needs and can be reached at 905-525-7121. Possibly she's near you, IM Leather's relocated to 257 King St.E., Hamilton.

RIDE SAFE / RIDE WELL / ENJOY!

All the best, Art /WORK OF ART!