Seafoam In Oil - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seafoam In Oil

Re: Seafoam In Oil

http://www.seafoamsales.com/using-in-crankcase-oil.html

I've put it in my motorcycle oil. I throw some in, let it idle for a few minutes, then perform an oil change.
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Quote Originally Posted by oren102 View Post
    I've been treating my mom's old 97 camry with 1/3,1/3,1/3 and it runs great, no issues for the three years i've been doing it. Than again it might not be the seafoam but just the amount of preventative maintenance I put into it...

Anyhow, I wont be putting it in my bike oil, I'll leave the testing to someone else :P If someone ever does come across this thread who has done it on a bike, I'd love to hear from you!
    Post #7 and #13

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    Seafoam was, to my knowledge, developed for boats as a spring fuel flush. Suddenly it's a cure-all for everything that WD-40 can't fix.
    I'm going to try some in my Guinness tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayv View Post
    I'm going to try some in my Guinness tonight...
    it will prevent prostate issues and cure constipation ,.. wait ... we still talking about seafoam or guiness?

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    Dude stop wasting time and money and just ride the bike.

You're using rotella which is a diesel oil. D oils have alot of detergents in them to fight the carbon build-up in diesel engines.

You already change your oil at 2k km, thats enough to clean and flush any buildup u may have. How much cleaner do u want it to be?

How about tear down your engine and make sure there's nothing there whatsoever?
    Im going to have to agree with rocker here, run the Rotella in my oiler , its 22 years old, No problems there.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    You can send your oil to be analyzed for $18 (or $26 if you want TBN) so you know if you're changing it "too often". A quality filter will stop the oil from going back as well, using those Amsoil filters I linked above, the oil comes out a nice honey colour, same as it went in! After doing oil analysis on my old R6 I was able to go 11,000km's on my oil, with only having to change the filter every 5,500km. So I only had to change my oil every other oil change Saves some serious coin if you are using any flavour of synthetic.
    That's the only way to determine when to change your oil. Every engine is different and ridden different. Fuel delusion is a common issue. If you want to learn about oil you should read http://www.bobistheoilguy.com. The forums are good.
    Optimism, it makes nosense to hope for it simply to satisfy someone else's misguided concept.

Quote Originally Posted by imkruzen View Post
    That's the only way to determine when to change your oil. Every engine is different and ridden different. Fuel delusion is a common issue. If you want to learn about oil you should read http://www.bobistheoilguy.com. The forums are good.
    Tru dat, bob is my hero!!!

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

I'll stick with my schedual.

Been there done that. Got my oil analysed. I did it at 10k, they told me there's still TBN left. I could run it for another 2k if possible, but I think 10k is good for synthetics.
    Resident Loudmouth

Been there done that. Got my oil analysed. I did it at 10k, they told me there's still TBN left. I could run it for another 2k if possible, but I think 10k is good for synthetics.
    I read about a guy with a diesel tractor that has 238,000 miles on his AMSOIL with the by-pass filter system. He has oil analysis done every 20,000 miles. You can change your oil when ever you want, but oil analysis can also provide information of pending component failure and engine condition. Bob has a great site on oil.
    Optimism, it makes nosense to hope for it simply to satisfy someone else's misguided concept.

I read about a guy with a diesel tractor that has 238,000 miles on his AMSOIL with the by-pass filter system. He has oil analysis done every 20,000 miles. You can change your oil when ever you want, but oil analysis can also provide information of pending component failure and engine condition. Bob has a great site on oil.
    LOL, sometimes I wonder how real those tests done by Amsoil are.

I must admit they are really good oil, but are they really that good? As in the results they display?

Must be a big farm for that tractor too.

edit: My previous tests
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...soil-Motor-oil
    Resident Loudmouth

LOL, sometimes I wonder how real those tests done by Amsoil are.

I must admit they are really good oil, but are they really that good? As in the results they display?

Must be a big farm for that tractor too.

edit: My previous tests
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...soil-Motor-oil
    Rotella is Group III and AMSOIL is a true PAO Group IV, I prefer the Group IV true synthetics.

Rotella is Group III and AMSOIL is a true PAO Group IV, I prefer the Group IV true synthetics.
    Even T6 is group III? Such a debate on that.

I also asked Amsoil if their oil was Group IV and they said, and I quote directly: "We choose not to look at what the Base Stock is comprised of for various reasons and choose to look at overall performance". That SCREAMS to me it's not a Group IV, it's just a fancy group III!!!

I dunno, I guess if it "performes as well as" a group IV I'll call it Group IV

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

When I was restoring my 82 Honda CB900F the entire drive train was gunked up so bad I couldn't even get the back wheel to spin... After getting it running, me and my mechanic dropped seafoam into the oil and let it work for a bit to clean things up and then did an oil change.. a couple of times doing this and the bike literally runs like a brand new machine again after sitting 27 years.
    Lets Ride

Motul makes a great product specific for cleaning out the engine when you do an oil change.

http://www.motul.com/ca/en-US/products/86

Donald