Seafoam In Oil - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seafoam In Oil

Re: Seafoam In Oil

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Wow, nice filter. Real spring, nitrile bypass, metal end caps, getting so rare nowadays!

-Jamie M.
    Plus it only costs $8.
    Wish it was a silicon valve tho
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    Plus it only costs $8.
    Nice. When I'm ready to put my Amsoil filter on I'll cut open the Baldwin Premium B104 I'm using now It came pretty highly rated, so I'll give a look see to it's construction. Only cost me $6 at a tractor supply place! And it's bright red and looks nice on the bike too

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Nice. When I'm ready to put my Amsoil filter on I'll cut open the Baldwin Premium B104 I'm using now It came pretty highly rated, so I'll give a look see to it's construction. Only cost me $6 at a tractor supply place! And it's bright red and looks nice on the bike too

-Jamie M.
    I've got a Napa & a Fram in stock.
    Deciding which one to cut open, while new. I think I will cut open the Fram, they have terrible reviews
    Resident Loudmouth

I've got a Napa & a Fram in stock.
    Deciding which one to cut open, while new. I think I will cut open the Fram, they have terrible reviews
    OMG seen soo many failed fram's lately! Double bypass springs so she'd NEVER go into bypass, totally missing bypass valve, the pleats separated from the end caps!!! YIKES! I dun think I'd ever run a Fram, only the XtraGuard possibly.

The Napa "Gold" filters had good test results on the filtering, can't remember about the construction.

I don't have the heart to cut open a new Amsoil, I'll run it first

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

OMG seen soo many failed fram's lately! Double bypass springs so she'd NEVER go into bypass, totally missing bypass valve, the pleats separated from the end caps!!! YIKES! I dun think I'd ever run a Fram, only the XtraGuard possibly.

The Napa "Gold" filters had good test results on the filtering, can't remember about the construction.

I don't have the heart to cut open a new Amsoil, I'll run it first

-Jamie M.
    Regular NAPA is OK, but not the best. I guess I'll slice & dice the Fram, just to get pics on "how NOT to build a filter"
    Resident Loudmouth

Regular NAPA is OK, but not the best. I guess I'll slice & dice the Fram, just to get pics on "how NOT to build a filter"
    In for pics

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Thanks for the detailed info I just got signed up for wholesale Amsoil pricing and will be ready to place my first order in the next day or two. I'm getting a 12L case of: MCFQT-CA 10W-40 Advanced Synthetic Motorcycle Oil Two EaOM103 Synthetic Nano Fiber Motorcycle Oil Filters (one for my buddies 04 VFR 800 and one for my GF's 09 R6). One Ea15K13 Synthetic Nano Fiber Car Oil Filter (for my 09 R6S). I'm doing a pre-filter change particle analysis on the oil in there currently (almost 3,000km on it now), leaving the old oil in and just putting on the new EA15K13 filter, doing another particle analysis after another 3,000km's, see how much better those new Amsoil filters really are -Jamie M.
    I have a PC status also. Pricing is much better, you'll get your money back on the first order. I bought the fork oil "shock therapy" put it in last month. Got 10-40 and the wix filter. Did the car also with the absolute oil filter, air filter and 5-20 oil. I am getting increased gas mileage on the car but I can't attribute that to the oil as of yet. It could be due to the warmer weather. As we get to the summer I can check the data from the past 2 summers and that would be a more reliable indicator. There is no VI improver added to the oil so there is nothing to wear out. The actual oil molecules never wear out and the Guy with 238,000 miles on his rig has to make sure he filters out the contaminants to keep running the same oil. I put some rare earth magnets on my oil filter. Been using AMSOIL for 36 years. I rebuilt the 5.0 a couple times and the internals were clean like it just had a degreasing bath. Best oil that I've used. Post the filter results. I'm going to cut mine open and see what the magnets attract. 1937 - First PAO (polyalhaolefin), a synthetic product using olefin polymerization was manufactured. Zurich Aviation Congress became interested in ester based lubricant technology
    Last edited by imkruzen; 04-20-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Optimism, it makes nosense to hope for it simply to satisfy someone else's misguided concept.