2012 Demo Days - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2012 Demo Days

Re: 2012 Demo Days

^

It is quite obvious the intended purpose of a dealership demo day is to entice customers and to close sales. Manufacturer demo days are usually pretty cool.
    It is a given that there will be people who are not currently looking to make a purchase will go to demo rides just to ride the latest and greatest offering. However, based on their experience they may just buy that bike, now or in the future.
    Turn them away and they will go elsewhere.
    Last edited by SLaP; 04-27-2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: clarity

The Suzuki demo I went to last spring didn't have any sales pitches at all. Mind you, it was Suzuki's Demo tour, not at a dealer. The Yamaha one at St Onge was a little different, Yamaha had their demo bikes, and if you were really interested in an R6 or a Fazer 8 St. Onge had one of each you could demo, but only if you were serious about buying. Not sure what they meant by that, maybe they required a deposit.

Ive gone on many demo rides...cant say i ever encountered a huge sales pressure. Dont think they have too, the bikes sell themselves. Just gotta look past the rush of riding a new bike and compare the bike to what you like and dislike about it. I remember riding a busa once and fell in love while riding it...only later did i start to think about it and remembered **** i didnt like and fell more in love with my then vtr.
    id like to ride the new gixxer 1k & cbr 1k

Landscaper by day, hooligan by night