Bikemaster True Gel batteries

Thread: Bikemaster True Gel batteries

Bikemaster True Gel batteries

I don't come on here and endorse products often but in this case I think it's worth a mention. For anyone with a large twin or any bike for that matter we all know the battery is an important, essential part of the equation when it comes to reliable quick starting. Cold cranking amps is especially important with large capacity twins for example. Anyone that owns a Ducati and rides in temperatures lower than 5 degrees knows that starting begins with crossing your fingers and praying. There are several things you can do on a Ducati to improve the charging system but I started with the obvious and looked at various batteries.

Here comes the True Gel battery by Bikemaster. This is a heavy battery so isn't for you track gods but for those mere mortals that wants a reliable starter for any bike these are a must and they make them for all bikes.

Two years ago I had the strange situation where my 1198 occasionally would not start on extreme hot and humid days, these are rare I know, but annoying all the same. After checking the electrical system and the current battery no issues were found. I decided to make the first easy change and switch to a True Gel battery. Since then starting was never an issue. Fast forward to November 2011 I am still riding my Ducati 998 and temperatures are falling faster than a hookers knickers. Basically if the 998 doesn't start in the first 2 or 3 attempts your out of luck and the battery is dead. I switch to the true Gel and the results are miraculous. My 998 starts first click on those fresh mornings and I no longer need to pray to the gods.
    Last edited by topendz; 04-11-2012 at 08:27 AM.