Hey,

I received a speeding ticket from a police officer doing radar just south of Burnhamthorpe on Winstin Churchill.

The reason for my speeding was I had a cager almost kill me twice in a matter of 1 minute and wanted to get the hell out of there. I was traveling on Winstin in blocking position in the left hand land(2 Lane road) it was 6:15ish on Thursday afternoon so there was still a decent amount of traffic on the roads. While traveling southbound a silver accord turned into my lane without seeing me and I was forced to swerve in my lane and honk my horn to get him to move back over which he did. Didn't reall bug me that much happens all the time on the bike. After waiting for a gap he then moved in behind me. Upon approaching Burnhamthorpe I got the red light and ended up stopping in the #1 position of the queue. Buddy in the silver accord behind me isn't paying attention and locks up his tires when he realizes we are stopping. Luckily I was paying attention as I had to scoot forward a couple feet otherwise he would have hit me(Stopped about 1-1.5 feet behind me). After this second close call I'm worried about this crazy driver hitting me so when the light turns green I accelerate and change lanes to put as much distance as I can between me and him. The police officer was doing radar approximately 350 meters down the road and I was ticketed for 105 in a 60. I told him what had happened and he suggested I speak to the prosecutor before a trial to see what they can reduce it too.

My question is if I take this to trial will I be able to use this situation as my defense? I'm sure there had to be some kind of exception in life threatening situations. While I sure many people and the police officer told me to slow down to get away from him that wasn't really an option with him being behind me.

If anyone has any input I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Kyle