Threat of death as a resonable defence?

Thread: Threat of death as a resonable defence?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Threat of death as a resonable defence?

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    On a slight tangent, I love the fact that one has to prove his innocence in a court of law
    You don't. They have to prove guilt. Generally speaking the deck is stacked in their favour though.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

There are times when I think that quick acceleration is the easiest and arguably the safest escape route.

I don't think this is one of those times. In this particular case I would argue that the safest and easiest escape route would be to change lanes and let the guy pass you. It is much easier to keep an eye on a potentially hazardous driver if they are in front of you than it is if they are behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    There are times when I think that quick acceleration is the easiest and arguably the safest escape route.

I don't think this is one of those times. In this particular case I would argue that the safest and easiest escape route would be to change lanes and let the guy pass you. It is much easier to keep an eye on a potentially hazardous driver if they are in front of you than it is if they are behind you.
    Which is unfortunately how the law sees it, when the reality can be quite different.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde