Threat of death as a resonable defence? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Threat of death as a resonable defence?

Quote Originally Posted by jonpurdy View Post
    OP could plead guilty with explanation, maybe get it reduced to a 15 over and get no points. So he'd still pay a fine but not suffer for years after from the insurance.
    dude.... Insurance don't care about points. Depending on the company, he could suffer for 1km/hr over.
    2004 Suzuki DRZ400
    1986 Honda Shadow 750 - Sold

Re: Threat of death as a resonable defence?

Quote Originally Posted by imnothng View Post
    dude.... Insurance don't care about points. Depending on the company, he could suffer for 1km/hr over.
    You might want to read the whole paragraph. Not only are you quoting out of context, you twisted his meaning.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Kyle, a couple points...

1. Your reaction was voluntary
    2. Your reaction was not your ONLY reasonable option to remove yourself from the danger
    3. The danger wasn't an immediate danger

All these things are working against you.

Hate to say it, but I only see the prosecutor reducing (not dismissing) the charge.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the responses. I have put in a request to see the prosecutor any depending on what they can can offer me I will decide to move to a trial or not. I'm basically looking to see it reduced to a non moving violation however based on the responses I doubt it will be coming that low.

Kind of upsetting that this will probably end up costing me 4000 bucks in ticket/insurance increase over 3 years, for what I personally feel shouldn't have been an issue. Oh well.

Thanks again,
    Kyle

He won't make it a non-moving violation. If you accept anything more, even a 1km/h over ticket, it will look the same as what you already got to your insurance company. Hire Redline. I don't work for them or get paid by them or have any affiliations with them other than being a satisfied customer.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Not a good defense imo. If the threat of death was that bad I would have pulled over and stopped which is another option than speeding away and becoming a hazard with the increased speed. Also now being scared for your life how are you going to have your mind fully on riding safely. Your going to be distracted thinking about the ******* your running from.
    Sucks you got caught but I would look for a better defense.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/