Old Bike - Who will insure?

Thread: Old Bike - Who will insure?

Old Bike - Who will insure?

Hey all,

First off - yes, I've read through the tables, I'm hoping you guys could give a happier answer. Currently I have my 1982 yamaha xs400 insured with Jevco through JR Duffy. However, I just received my renewal today in the mail and my policy went from 1037/year to 1447/year with the only thing changing that I have another year experience and am another year older.

Do I have any other options with an older bike, or am I stuck with Jevco?

Other info: have had my m2 for two years, have had my full G for 7 years. I'm 25, turning 26 in June.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - specific broker names would be top notch.

Thanks in advance,

Yusiro

Re: Old Bike - Who will insure?

An XS400 rider!!! I can advise you to call as many companies as you can. Google is your best friend, and so are the stickies on the insurance section of this forum.

You can experience problems with TD, and statefarm, but try them. There are lots of other choices too, because you are 25+ and have had your g for such a long time.

I'm having trouble getting the bike insured because, i'm not 21 yet, and only have my g1. Jevco is literally one of the only choices for me, and its not looking pretty.

I bought an older bike to reduce my insurance, not to make myself illegitimate for companies willing to offer me good rates (TD). ******
    Last edited by ShaqX7; 04-10-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: fail
    My bike: 82' Yamaha XS400R DOHC
    Happy 30th year!

Ye gods, that's insane. I go through Dalton Timmis, and I *believe* I pay around the $600 mark for my xs650 - and I supposedly live in the worst postal code in Ontario. I *am* a bit older than 25, but that rate is more than I pay for my fully covered BMW. You sure there isn't something on your abstract that's making them surcharge you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk 2
    1972 Triumph Daytona
    1978 XS650 Standard (Now with more cc's and an uneven firing order!)
    2010 BMW K73

Re: Old Bike - Who will insure?

Thanks for the replies!

I'll try popping a message to Dalton Timmis - I assume their contact info is on here?

I don't know what would be on my abstract - I've had my car license since 16, took both the drivers course and the motorcycle course, and have never even had so much as a parking ticket (touch wood).

Google turns up a bunch of companies that won't insure a bike after it hits 30 years old unfortunately.

I have a month to the renewal so I'll see what I can get.

Thanks again