Quotes on 250

Thread: Quotes on 250

Quotes on 250

So I'm older than 25 and I've had my M2 for a year+. I'm getting quotes for my 2nd Ninja 250 as the first was written off (not at fault).

This is what I'm getting so far:

Meloche Monnex: $6xx year (Car and group discount)
    Primmum: $8xx year
    State farm: $7xx year
    Jevco: $14xx year

I can't believe the quote I got from Jevco. After reading this forum I expected them to be the best. The rep said maybe they are taking into consideration my not at fault claim. Why would they do that? State farm said my quote would go down to the 400's if I switch my car with them.

Felt same with Jevco. They are almost double than others. No reason found so far. May be they are under repelling situation or whatever.

Re: Quotes on 250

Yea through personal experience State Farm is the best. Jevco gave me a $3500 quote versus a $2000 quote for a ZX6R. (I was 21 when I got the bike)

I think that is about right, Jevco's rate seems to have gone up slightly.

I'm over 25 and M2 for about 3-4years trying to get my first motocycle insurance. 2012 Ninja 250R
    I got a quote with Jevco in early March for about $1,1xx. Get a quote again this week for $14xx.

Meloche Monnex is offering me $6xx to $77x depending on how I adjust the deductable with my alumni discount. Moving car and house insurance over to them was an extra $800 on my current premium. So the quote is bike only and I'll leave the other two with belair.

Statefarm wanted $65x more for my car insurance with a higher deductable so I moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by jukon View Post
    So I'm older than 25 and I've had my M2 for a year+. I'm getting quotes for my 2nd Ninja 250 as the first was written off (not at fault).

This is what I'm getting so far:

Meloche Monnex: $6xx year (Car and group discount)
    Primmum: $8xx year
    State farm: $7xx year
    Jevco: $14xx year

I can't believe the quote I got from Jevco. After reading this forum I expected them to be the best. The rep said maybe they are taking into consideration my not at fault claim. Why would they do that? State farm said my quote would go down to the 400's if I switch my car with them.
    The Jevco broker you were talking to doesn't know what they're talking about -- they CANNOT hold a claim against you unless you are more than 25% at fault. This is the law in Ontario. Jevco recently revised their rating algorithm so that you don't see your largest motorcycle experience rate drop until you have been M1/M2/M licensed for 3 over more years. I'm guessing that you're not quite there yet, and this is likely why the Jevco premium is coming out higher than the others.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)