CBR125 Dirty Bars Project - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CBR125 Dirty Bars Project

Re: CBR125 Dirty Bars Project

Thanks... I think? The only thing I actually broke today was the plastic ring for the gauges; that was actually during my first attempt at bending the birds nest back by smacking it with a rubber mallet (obviously a bad idea... 20/20 hindsight). Everything else was already damaged from all the times the bike was dropped in the past. I was still thinking about possibly going the route to replace the entire stock headlight with a dual-sport headlight kit. I could probably save a $h!t ton of money that way, but I would seriously miss the sport "cat's eye" look that makes the CBR so trademark. Plus, the CBR headlights are FAR superior to any other headlight I could find. I have a buddy who has HID bulbs in his ZX-7 and it still doesn't even come close to how bright mine are, and that's only with one headlight at a time (because the stock configuration turns off the low-beam when you turn on the high-beam but that will be changed very soon).

It only just hit me now when I calculated it up for how much money I could save by not choosing to do all the optional mods. Then again, this whole handlebar replacement is entirely optional in the first place I suppose. But it just sucks that I'm finding out about all these underlying problems with the front fairings at this point in time. I would actually be within a reasonable budget, if it weren't for that...

I'm definitely not in over my head yet financially, but I'm really starting to feel the cold water on my ankles.
    Last edited by Ride_Safe; 05-05-2012 at 10:31 PM.