WR 450 street/trail questions

Thread: WR 450 street/trail questions

WR 450 street/trail questions

Alright So. I am selling my 01 TTR225 and going to upgrade to a WR450F [any recommendations on year?]. I was looking into also doing some trail riding, but it would be mighty handy to ride it to the trails instead of borrow my biddies pickup truck to haul it everywhere and it would be a cow to lift on my own and don't really want to spend money on a ramp. Also I was thinking of trying my luck at a SM track just for fun.
    I have been doing some reading on what is all involved with getting a bike ready to trail ride? Just a plate and insurance? Does blue plating still exist? What is a blue plate? If I was to make it street legal would I have to have to have it insured as a motorcycle?

Ps. my ttr is up for grabs

Re: WR 450 street/trail questions

I'm carefully watching the Supermotoontario thread. If you're not in a hurry, fire me a PM every now and again as I'm thinking of selling off my SM gear and IF I do that, I'll likely sell of my blue plated 03 WR450F as well and go for a 250 (I only went to 450 for SM and the street).

To answer regarding the blue plates; since 07 if the bike didn't roll off the factory floor in street legal trim, you can't make it street legal... unless it was blue plated PRIOR to the change in the law, which mine was and continues to be grandfathered.

Re: WR 450 street/trail questions

Blue Plate = License Plate with Blue Letter/Numbers. This is required for any Motorcycle to be ridden on the road. The alternative is Green Plate which can only be ridden off-road.

As coyo mentioned, you will have to buy an already Blue Plated WR450F because you cannot convert from Green to Blue Plate anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT