Brampton Honda PowerSports - Parts dept

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brampton Honda PowerSports - Parts dept

Brampton Honda PowerSports - Parts dept

No one in the PART dept ever picks up the phone. Their online parts form doesn't even function, apparently the parts you specify doesn't get sent in the email. Of course Number 7 Honda wont order bike parts either.

Driving 40 mins to simply place an order for their incompetent staff doesn't seem worthwhile but maybe the only option. My next purchase will be a yamaha or a kawi. STAY A WAY FROM BRAMPTON HONDA POWERSPORTS, god forbid anything breaks on your CRF and you require the dealers incompetent staff to place an order for an OEM part.

/rant

Re: Brampton Honda PowerSports - Parts dept

one of the reasons i dont have a honda,

nearest proprietary dealership. is almost an hour away, 3 kawasaki dealerships within 30km
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600 Black (ZX6R)
    2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 Silver (SOLD)
    2007 Suzuki SV650 "R" (SOLD)
    2004 Suzuki GSX600 Katana (SOLD)
    2001 Kawasaki ZZR250 Ninja (SOLD)

Do you mean Brampton Powersports or specifically the Honda dealership there? I've called Brampton Powersports with excellent results over the past week+. I spoke successfully with Joe each time, and he spent quite a bit of time on the phone addressing my issues. They were busy as hell when I went there to place my order on Saturday, but that's not their fault.
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleThrow View Post
    one of the reasons i dont have a honda,

nearest proprietary dealership. is almost an hour away, 3 kawasaki dealerships within 30km
    What about Ready Honda in Mississauga? They just opened up shop. There's a Honda dealership on Eglinton east of Yonge, too, near the DVP, they sell bikes. Do they do service, as well? Might be worth checking them out if they do. Surely a census metropolitan area like Toronto will have more than one dealership that services bikes?
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.

I also called the Parts Dept a number of times. They finally picked up the phone after many frustrating attempts.

I was looking for a generic motorcycle part.

When asked what bike I ride, I said a Kawi.
    He looked at me funny, and said... "You know that we are a Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha Dealer"

Ah, my mistake. " I thought you were a motorcycle store"

A-holes

To bad too, because they are 10 mins from my house.
    06-z750s

martin, rick and justin at milton powerhouse honda at 905-864-8588 are awesome...tell them ivana (the girl with the red kawasaki vulcan 500) sent you...open saturdays as well...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRider View Post
    STAY A WAY FROM BRAMPTON HONDA POWERSPORTS, god forbid anything breaks on your CRF and you require the dealers incompetent staff to place an order for an OEM part.

/rant
    There's no such thing as "Brampton Honda Powersports" ...

http://www.bramptonpowersports.com/index.htm

Yes, it can get frustrating at times when there's no one to pick up a phone. I always managed to get through, maybe took a few tries ...

Quote Originally Posted by canadianshark74 View Post
    I also called the Parts Dept a number of times. They finally picked up the phone after many frustrating attempts.

I was looking for a generic motorcycle part.

When asked what bike I ride, I said a Kawi.
    He looked at me funny, and said... "You know that we are a Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha Dealer"

Ah, my mistake. " I thought you were a motorcycle store"

A-holes

To bad too, because they are 10 mins from my house.
    Not all the guys there are that bad. One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch ....

There's something really weird about this place , a sleazy south American who can't even speak proper english tries to con you , staff having no idea what they are selling ,lousy attitude ,met a salesman who told me he rides a gsxr 750 as if that's a big deal ,didn't know a **** about what they are selling , I hv to drive to Guelph or kahuna for every stuff ,place looks like would be better off holding prom parties

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    There's something really weird about this place , a sleazy south American who can't even speak proper english tries to con you , staff having no idea what they are selling ,lousy attitude ,met a salesman who told me he rides a gsxr 750 as if that's a big deal ,didn't know a **** about what they are selling , I hv to drive to Guelph or kahuna for every stuff ,place looks like would be better off holding prom parties
    Hah, ok, that reminds me of a salesman story regarding these guys, too: He didn't know the DMS mode existed on GSXR600s and thought they were only available on 750s and higher. Not sure who it was, but he wasn't some white guy. Also, the 19 year old sales agent was lecturing me on what a good starter bike ought to be, despite my experiences to the contrary. I wouldn't allow these two events to break me from ever going back there again, but if I were a first time shopper for a bike, I'd probably go elsewhere first, or go there fully-informed. We'll see when my parts come in, in a few days. If the order isn't screwed up, they'll be ok in my book.

I was able to get through on the first attempt to the Parts department at all of the other Honda dealerships except for the one in Brampton (the closest one). I was checking to see if a part was in stock. The first time I called last week it took over 7 attempts which was for a different part; I finally got through when I requested a manager. Now today, the same thing.

I cant say anything regarding Brampton Powerhouse's sales or service but their parts dept is definitely lacking...

A few questions:

1) Why cant a regular Honda dealer order bike parts? Specific license/agreement? Additional cost?

2) I called two different Honda dealerships on two different occasions and both required the order to be placed in person. I've never heard of a dealer not taking an order over the phone.

At this point, I would rather order online.........

You must be joking me. You talk pretty big coming from a guy that rides a Ninja 250. I have been into that dealer a bunch of times and never had any issues. They are fast & know what they are talking about and always have a huge selection of bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by mdascott View Post
    You must be joking me. You talk pretty big coming from a guy that rides a Ninja 250. I have been into that dealer a bunch of times and never had any issues. They are fast & know what they are talking about and always have a huge selection of bikes.
    This guy sounds legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bignoga View Post
    This guy sounds legit.
    Is it his 1 post that gives you this confidence, Bignoga? Me too.

I had the same problem with clarington honda in the east. Twice!

They have no communication. I order parts and it comes incomplete, then they actually blame me for it.

I wrote an email to complain and sent a copy to the store manager and never heard one word.

They're ok.

I order little stuff from them. Chain lube/Honda polish/A new battery for my kawi/new assembly for one of my HJC/battery tender. All this was bought this year on seperate occassions. I've had no issues thus far.

I cant really say anything bad about them.
    Z ex six are

Quote Originally Posted by viper84737 View Post
    What about Ready Honda in Mississauga? They just opened up shop. There's a Honda dealership on Eglinton east of Yonge, too, near the DVP, they sell bikes. Do they do service, as well? Might be worth checking them out if they do. Surely a census metropolitan area like Toronto will have more than one dealership that services bikes?
    I believe the Honda dealer on Eglinton Avenue East, east of the DVP no longer sells or services motorcycles. You would think Honda would have more dealers in the GTA, but they no longer have an affiliation with Snow City in Scarborough either.

To answer another question from the OP, a shop that does not sell Hondas, cannot order parts for Hondas. I used to order parts from Snow City when they were a Honda dealer, but following their departure from the Honda "family" they could no longer order parts for me.

I have dealt with Brampton Powersports and had no problem getting through to the parts line, or ordering over the phone. They seemed to be well informed and did not even require payment before making the order. Now it was not a huge order, but many places require a Visa number before they will place any order.

Since the OP lives in Vaughan, he could try Markham Outdoor Power. I have had very good experiences with their parts staff and they were the only shop I could find that actually had headlight bulbs in stock for my ST1100 when one blew a day before I was leaving for a bike trip. No other bulb will fit in an ST, so you must go to Honda for the replacement, or get an adapter ring online that allows a standard auto bulb to fit.

Malks
    1997 ST1100

Quote Originally Posted by mdascott View Post
    ^^Owner of Brampton Powersports.

I am crossing my fingers that the new Honda dealership downtown on Lakeshore (temporary location) will eventually carry motorcycles and parts as well. They have big plans from what I hear...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRider View Post
    A few questions:

1) Why cant a regular Honda dealer order bike parts? Specific license/agreement? Additional cost?

2) I called two different Honda dealerships on two different occasions and both required the order to be placed in person. I've never heard of a dealer not taking an order over the phone.

At this point, I would rather order online.........
    Hey guys I work at Fairview Acura in Kitchener in the Parts Dept. and i just wanted to shed some light on this question.

1. As a division of honda we can order honda parts that cross over to our platforms. For example
    Pilot/MDX
    Civic/EL/CSX
    However we can order other parts that do not cross over or even fit on Acura Vehicles but its completely random. This also is the case for Honda power sports equipment. For example i can order the left mirror for a CBR but not the right.
    This comes down to honda's error in setting up the restriction for part orders. As there are so many parts available some errors are inevitable. Those restriction are set depending on the dealer type. Normal car Dealers are set up different then Power Sport Dealers. I have a 09 CBR 600RR abs and i have found i can order the majority of common items (levers, lights, pegs, rear sets, nuts, bolts, tires etc.) All fluids (oil, coolant, chain lube, cleaners) Filters (oil, air). However most painted fenders/fairings and large items (engines, exhausts) i cannot. So it really is hit or miss, all i can do is check the part numbers.
    This gets fustraiting when we service Honda vehicles and need parts that do not cross over to the Acura Side. This is honda's way of keeping the dealerships equal in business and staying with what there license is for. If a large amount of parts are ordered that do not match the dealers licensing Honda Canada calls and inquires about the order.

2. It is the dealers choice to allow special orders over the phone. Our dealership does, usually with pre-payment of the item. This regards to people not coming for there items and the dealer being stuck with an item they can not sell nor sometimes return to Honda Canada.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Jeremy
    2009 HONDA CBR600RR (ABS)