With regards to the amount of threads for new riders dealing with stupid high insurance quotes; It's been a while since I went through it, but would it help any of you to avoid the popular ninja 250's, cbr 125's, etc for an older bike? I'm just curious, but years ago an old bike was virtually the only real option for a new rider. Enduros were popular, as were small standards. I know that's a tough sell to the sportbike crowd, but for a year or two, would that help in today's insurance? The reason for my question, is that when I got my M licence (1990), you could not insure a "supersport" at all without 3 years experience. Most guys started on shadows, any enduro, older ex500's, etc. I know nothing from the 80's would be relevant today, but I think I'd be eyeballing a 250 enduro on an M1 for sure. Your thoughts? For a reference point, in 1990 I was 19, 4 minor tickets, no accidents, G for 2 years, making 7 bucks an hour, I was paying 500 a year for basic coverage on a kawi 440 ltd. It was a horrid little bike, but it got me the experience I needed for more fun bikes later.