Turning 25 y/o in Sept question

Thread: Turning 25 y/o in Sept question

Turning 25 y/o in Sept question

Hi,

I've been with State Farm the past 3 season, my renewal came in today which goes in effect in May. Wondering if they will adjust my rates for both the car and bike (mostly worried about bike) once I'm 25? The quote for the bike is obviously for 12 month.

Re: Turning 25 y/o in Sept question

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    Wondering if they will adjust my rates for both the car and bike (mostly worried about bike) once I'm 25? The quote for the bike is obviously for 12 month.
    Nope, you'll get the "better" rate on next years renewal

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Nope, you'll get the "better" rate on next years renewal

-Jamie M.
    AWWW man that sucks... I know for my car there was a $6/month drop as soon as I turned 24. That sucks about the bike...

I replied to a topic very similar earlier in the year. But I will say it again. I was paying monthly and when I turned 25 I called in to make sure that my rates dropped and they did. The next month it was significantly less then prior months. Phone them to make sure that the change in age is noted

Lion

Very glad to hear that. You're with State Farm also, right?

Yeah I'm with state farm. My agent kept reminding me to call in to make sure its changed on the system and that me hitting 25 is noted. I am on a monthly plan so what they did was took the total cost of my premium and divided by 12 months for a static cost every month.

I know the summer months cost more than the winter months.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Sillylion View Post
    Yeah I'm with state farm. My agent kept reminding me to call in to make sure its changed on the system and that me hitting 25 is noted. I am on a monthly plan so what they did was took the total cost of my premium and divided by 12 months for a static cost every month.

I know the summer months cost more than the winter months.

Lion
    Hey thanks mate. Was there a substantial decresase since 25 has always been the "golden age" with insurance companies?

For me I went from 140ish a month at 24 year old to 60 a month when I turned 25. My coverage started around July and I hit 25 in Sept. Got my m2 only a month prior to that. No convictions but one sorta at fault accident claimed a few years ago. Some lady lost control of her suv and spun out into my lane hit me. But it just so happens that I hit her in the rear and they counted that at fault for me.

Lion
    Last edited by Sillylion; 04-09-2012 at 12:56 PM.

For me I went from 140ish a month at 24 year old to 60 a month when I turned 25. My coverage started around July and I hit 25 in Sept. Got my m2 only a month prior to that. No convictions but one sorta at fault accident claimed a few years ago. Some lady lost control of her suv and spun out into my lane hit me. But it just so happens that I hit her in the rear and they counted that at fault for me.

Lion
    That's a very nice saving. I'm currently paying 159 for my 600RR. I'll be happy with even 100 a month! And that's bs how they blamed it on you...

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    And that's bs how they blamed it on you...
    No offence but there is always 3 sides to any story...
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

I know it wasn't entirely her fault because she was trying to avoid objects that fell off a truck in her lane. She was two lanes to my right and ahead of me by roughly 100 feet. Yet some how she spun into my lane in front of me. I slammed the breaks and still couldn't stop in time. Funny thing was there was a cop car right behind us and he saw what happen. Instead of stopping to check up on us, he used his bumper to push the giant box off the road and took off after the trucker. Never heard from him again, ended up filing out a report at the nearest police station and insurance dubbed it my fault because the crash point was at her rear.

Honestly I couldn't drive for a whole year because i was too afraid. And I knew scared drivers are more prone to accidents.

Lion

I replied to a topic very similar earlier in the year. But I will say it again. I was paying monthly and when I turned 25 I called in to make sure that my rates dropped and they did. The next month it was significantly less then prior months. Phone them to make sure that the change in age is noted

Lion
    Your agent was likely making an exception for you -- this is not the norm (and why the premium wasn't set up to automatically adjust on your birthday). A policy is for 12MO and the premium shouldn't change unless you switch vehicles or move. Even if you were to be at fault in a collision, your premium wouldn't increase until renewal. The agent could probably get in trouble from head office if they were to be caught doing this frequently.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)