Humber motorcycle safety course - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Humber motorcycle safety course

Re: Humber motorcycle safety course

i'm taking the course @hershey center has anybody taken it there?i'm sure its all the same this was just closer for me

thanks did not think about that

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Weird comment. All courses are within like 50 bucks of each other, so to me personally the location and the quality of instructions (i.e. reviews) played major roles, not a few bucks one way or the other.
    Comment was about the dough, not the toppings. You may put whatever you want but it's still the most expensive than the rest.
    $499.51 for M2. Discuss price.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaImDown View Post

- Randy
    Cool. Congrats.

Weird comment. All courses are within like 50 bucks of each other, so to me personally the location and the quality of instructions (i.e. reviews) played major roles, not a few bucks one way or the other.
    To each is his own. Like I said, to me +/- $50 doesn't make any difference if I'll have to spend extra time driving to a cheaper location and in some cases get worse training.

Quote Originally Posted by recklessnsavage View Post
    i'm taking the course @hershey center has anybody taken it there?i'm sure its all the same this was just closer for me
    That's where I did mine... Pay attention though... Everything they teach you from day 1 is on your exam... All the "exercises" are actually warm-ups.

Best of luck!

- Randy

To each is his own. Like I said, to me +/- $50 doesn't make any difference if I'll have to spend extra time driving to a cheaper location and in some cases get worse training.
    So you agree that 'price wise' they are expensive. Right? That was the whole point of that 'weird comment'.

I took it at the main campus and the staff was great. Zag, your comment is along the lines of "the $2.99 mcchicken is more expensive than bk's $2.97 chicken sandwich." All of the courses are in the same ballpark, to the point of it not mattering at that scale.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by Zag View Post
    So you agree that 'price wise' they are expensive. Right? That was the whole point of that 'weird comment'.
    No. Not expensive to me. I call it valuable. Got it?

Oh ok. But one has to know first what other is discussing about, Price or Quality. My comment was on the "Price". Once again, Humber IS expensive than Learning Curves, RTI, CMA, etc., and is an undeniable fact whatever horsepower you wanna put behind it, it doesn't matter. It's the FACT. Numbers. Difference of $50 or so may not be much for you with your convenience explanations but I bet if you were living next to Learning Curves training facilities, you would never be driving to Humber with that extra $100 (Humber $499 - LC $399)+ driving time + gas and etc. Humber would still be best in training for anyone but you do not have to be so low with other training schools. They all have gained their own respects in their own ways. They are not tap dancers and I am not an employee of any or writing this to give some math or econ lessons.
    Now, if you want to meld Quality in to it to justify their pricing just to weigh in your perspectives, then it's a different story and I was not commenting on that. If you read differently, 'expensive' as 'valuable', and any other stuffs as well just because you want to judge it by your ways then, I have no doubt that you see a lot weird things than others.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Actually I lived near RTI and went all the way North to Humber.
    After some feedback from a neighbor who took RTI, I was glad I did.
    the 100+ other people in my class also chose Humber.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    Actually I lived near RTI and went all the way North to Humber.
    After some feedback from a neighbor who took RTI, I was glad I did.
    the 100+ other people in my class also chose Humber.
    Interesting info.

I was at RTI, and I had the best times ever. The only buzz kill for me was being threatened twice by 1 instructor (the other 2 were totally fine) of getting kicked out of the course. I couldn't care less about that tho =)

But still, I wonder how much better a safety course can get......
    2009 Ninja 250r (June, 2011 - present)

Quote Originally Posted by ReaImDown View Post
    That's where I did mine... Pay attention though... Everything they teach you from day 1 is on your exam... All the "exercises" are actually warm-ups.

Best of luck!

- Randy

Thank for the advice i will do that

Quote Originally Posted by Zag View Post
    The course and the knowledge gained is easily worth more than $500.00... To me anyways... But how much is your life worth to you?

- Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    It's great. Took the gearing up, m2 exit and I was taking the pro rider there every year until I moved
    how is the pro rider course? What topics are covered?

When I did my basic course in NZ many many years ago, at the Basic course we learned how to slide with the bike during a fall etc. Well, we discussed how to steer ones self etc
    This information proved valuable many years later. Trust me.
    Last edited by kiwi; 04-11-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whetaus-tr View Post
    Interesting info.

I was at RTI, and I had the best times ever. The only buzz kill for me was being threatened twice by 1 instructor (the other 2 were totally fine) of getting kicked out of the course. I couldn't care less about that tho =)

But still, I wonder how much better a safety course can get......
    Why were you being threatened with getting kicked out?
    "I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird." FZ

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

KELOWNA 09 'The big wet one..'

Quote Originally Posted by stevie t View Post
    Why were you being threatened with getting kicked out?
    Recklessness and speeding (!)

That instructor also gave a warning to another guy tho. So, I knew not to take it personally =)
    2009 Ninja 250r (June, 2011 - present)

Quote Originally Posted by whetaus-tr View Post
    Recklessness and speeding (!)

That instructor also gave a warning to another guy tho. So, I knew not to take it personally =)
    Yep. There is nothing to take personally. He must be a good instructor to warn them cuz he could see pass/fail scenarios... or unless they both were bumping on all other riders..
    Last edited by Zag; 04-12-2012 at 01:31 AM.

I did the course at humber north and had an awesome time. I agree that it did cost more. However I signed up 2 days before the course when everybody else was booking an month in advance. The extra $50 to do it right now was well worth it.
    - Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

Thanks to everybody for the advice. Course was awesome learnt alot and got my M2