Can u trust clip links over rivet? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can u trust clip links over rivet?

Re: Can u trust clip links over rivet?

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    When you add teeth to the front it reduces your power/acceleration but will cruise on the highway at a lower RPM, possibly give you better fuel economy. When you subtract teeth from the front it increases your acceleration, raises your cruising RPM and limits your top speed (assuming your bike could have gotten there anyway).

The rear sprocket is the opposite, more teeth = better acceleration, high cruising RPM's, limited top speed. If you subtract teeth, less power, lower cruising RPM.

I hope that makes sense. The most common upgrade is to take one tooth off the front (-1) and add two to the rear (+2). It gives you a nice boost in acceleration (makes your 600 feel like a 1000 ), and it's not too insane for driving on the highway, etc.

You shouldn't go more than -1 or +1 on the front sprocket

-Jamie M.
    Yes Jamie, i was aware of the physics :P come to think of it i think ill only add 1 tooth to the front sprocket and be done with it, i think my bike is fairly under powered compared to what you make it out to be, or i may be having the same clutch issue as someone else on this forum (clutch starts slipping in higher gears + high RPM's) well in either case, these are all issues ill have to resolve in the next month or so :P

ummm, so back on topic guys clips or rivets? :P
    150cc GY6 scooter-Sold.
    1992 Yamaha XJ 600, Street Fighter.
    LOOK FOR Dual Reflective Punisher Patches

Re: Can u trust clip links over rivet?

Quote Originally Posted by PaisaMed View Post
    I need to buy a new connecting link, preferably one with a clip that I will safety wire on. I don't really want to buy the whole chain. What's the best bet - motorcycle wreckers?
    You want to go to a bike shop and order the proper master link for your chain, they aren't all the same.