Ninja 250 too small?

Thread: Ninja 250 too small?

Ninja 250 too small?

Couldn't find anything in the searches, anyways is there a way to replace the handlebars to being more horizontal. I tried sitting on one at a dealership and hit my knee turning the bars one end to the other. I'm 6'4 but pretty much need any bike that could handle 100 - 140km/h daily

EDIT: found handlebar risers
    Last edited by graykevin; 04-07-2012 at 11:43 PM.

You can buy clip ons to change the handlebars and you can easily go that fast I mean ninja 250/ can hit 170 depending on your weight! As for your height ya probably won't be very comfortable.

Re: Ninja 250 too small?

I'm 6'3 and just started riding my 250r this week. It can get up to speed with no problem, even highway riding was more than manageable. Its light weight seems to be more of an issue than lack of speed - moderate winds will push it around. Currently, I'm finding it to be a little uncomfortable. My knees come up just above the curve of the fairing and tank, so using my legs to hug the bike puts some awkward pressure on them. I find I can alleviate that by riding with my toes on the pegs, allowing my knees to come down a bit. That's not ideal, though.

I haven't found the bars to be an issue - not a whole lot of full lock steering, even at parking lot speeds. Consider rear sets, I'm trying to get some feedback on those as they may help keep the knees tucked in under the tank while keeping proper footing.

Proper footing involves keeping the balls of your feet on the peg.
    My bike: 82' Yamaha XS400R DOHC
    Happy 30th year!