Hello from Richmond Hill!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Richmond Hill!

Hello from Richmond Hill!

Hi All,

I am proud to say I have recently obtained my M1 license! I am looking to by a Hyosung GT250R 2012 as my first bike. Bear in mind I have read all the views some of you have on this bike but since it's my first, I think I will be happy with it.

Since motorcycle city is next door to my home, I am looking to make my purchase from them. I have met John (the owner) and see the bike. I understand that this shop is not very popular amongst these forums and tbh after my purchase I do not want to deal with them solely based on the negative reviews they have been given by almost everyone.

I wanted to ask, can I expect to bargain on the price of a 2012 model? It's 4295 + 505 Dealer fees + TAX, for a total of $5425. I need some guidance with bargaining and making an offer. Or should I be paying full price?

Thanks in advance folks, I cannot wait to become a rider!

Re: Hello from Richmond Hill!

Quote Originally Posted by ababab View Post
    Hi All,

I am proud to say I have recently obtained my M1 license! I am looking to by a Hyosung GT250R 2012 as my first bike. Bear in mind I have read all the views some of you have on this bike but since it's my first, I think I will be happy with it.

Since motorcycle city is next door to my home, I am looking to make my purchase from them. I have met John (the owner) and see the bike. I understand that this shop is not very popular amongst these forums and tbh after my purchase I do not want to deal with them solely based on the negative reviews they have been given by almost everyone.

I wanted to ask, can I expect to bargain on the price of a 2012 model? It's 4295 + 505 Dealer fees + TAX, for a total of $5425. I need some guidance with bargaining and making an offer. Or should I be paying full price?

Just get a Kawasaki Ninja 250...you can get them for the same price or less brand new.
    1998 Honda VFR800 -Current
    1982 Honda VF750S -Sold

Yes, get a ninja 250, a 2008-2010 will be far less then you are paying for the brandnew Hyo. The ninja will have a much better resale value alot of people get close to what they bought them for, after they are finished learning with them. and its your first bike why buy brand new
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600 Black (ZX6R)
    2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 Silver (SOLD)
    2007 Suzuki SV650 "R" (SOLD)
    2004 Suzuki GSX600 Katana (SOLD)
    2001 Kawasaki ZZR250 Ninja (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet132 View Post
    Just get a Kawasaki Ninja 250...you can get them for the same price or less brand new.
    Hi All,

To be honest I was liking the Hyo since its a bigger bike but thanks, I will definitely look into a ninja 250 now.

Buy used for your first bike...

you won't feel bad if you drop it...

I have to agree with the advice you've got so far. Buy something used. You'll lose a LOT on resale buying new. Wait until you've got some experience riding and are ready to upgrade to a bike that you're going to keep for a while.

The Ninja 250 is an excellent machine for a starter bike, and you'll be able to find a good deal on one as well as resell it for very little loss later.

Of course, if you're wealthy, and money is no concern, then certainly, buy something brand new and don't worry about it.

I agree with others in looking for other brands for your first bike. You most likely want to upgrade by the end of this season, not only you are going to have a hard time getting rid of your hyo, but also for sure loose money when you sell your Hyo, I know I did. If you can afford to buy new I'd suggest to take a look at Honda CBR 250 for $4500 and with ABS for $5000.

Welcome!! Me and my buddy ride around in richmond hill all the time hope to see you out there
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

I've dropped the idea of a new bike, looking into used now. How many km is too much for a motorcycle? Currently, I have my eyes on a bike with 31,000. I think it's on the higher side, but should be fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Bweixz View Post
    Welcome!! Me and my buddy ride around in richmond hill all the time hope to see you out there
    If I get one, I'll definitely let you know. You ever ride up to Newmarket? My plan is (once I'm confident enough) to take Leslie street north, it's a very scenic ride.

If I get one, I'll definitely let you know. You ever ride up to Newmarket? My plan is (once I'm confident enough) to take Leslie street north, it's a very scenic ride.
    Not yet will definately check it out once my buddy is insured (plan on going all over the place really) LMAO at the moment we just go around the neighbourhood curves.
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

LOL that will be me for the first few weeks too. It'll be nice to meet up with other riders eventually once i've practiced and more importantly find a bike. until then, stay safe!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search! Cheers

Welcome.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I found a bike and made a deal. Can you all please provide insight as to if this is a good deal I am getting?

Before I provide details, yes this is a 1000cc bike, I am aware of this and I will have patience and be responsible with it. In my opinion, I don't want to work my way up to a heavy bike bc of buying and selling hassles. Thanks for understanding.

Details:

2003 Yamaha YZF R1
    30,000 km
    Excellent condition

what do you folks feel is a reasonable price for this?
    Last edited by ababab; 04-07-2012 at 02:02 PM.

you had best sit down and hang on, this will be a rough time for you.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I found a bike and made a deal. Can you all please provide insight as to if this is a good deal I am getting?

Before I provide details, yes this is a 1000cc bike, I am aware of this and I will have patience and be responsible with it. In my opinion, I don't want to work my way up to a heavy bike bc of buying and selling hassles. Thanks for understanding.

Details:

2003 Yamaha YZF R1
    30,000 km
    Excellent condition

I wouldn't go any higher than a 600cc to start. Trust me.

Details:

2003 Yamaha YZF R1
    30,000 km
    Excellent condition

Before you buy anything make sure to get an insurance quote for it. The 250 Ninja is one of the cheapest to insure which is why it is a popular 1st bike.
    I can appreciate you not wanting to be buying and selling but you will be shocked at what the 1000 or even 600 costs especially for a new rider with an M1. The insurance can run as much as the cost of the bike.

I'll have an insurance quote on Monday. I'm with State Farm so I'm hoping it's not too bad. The reason why I'm so interested in this bike is bc I'm getting a great deal on it. Oh well, we'll see how it goes (Y)

Ninja, Hyo, or CBR 250. No real excuses, like the stickied thread said
    This is your first bike, not your last.
    You don't need to impress anyone here, and you shouldn't be buying a 1000cc because "you don't want to go through the hassle." The deal is good for the bike, but bad for you. Just saying. Also be prepared for what you hear about the insurance, usually m1 + 1000cc bike, = empty wallet before you even get to buy the bike.

CBR 250 or ninja 250. I mean it's close to Hyosung price but better resale. I'm in RH see you around cheers