"Fast 1" at shannonville...

Thread: "Fast 1" at shannonville...

"Fast 1" at shannonville...

Hey guys,

Has anybody taken the fast school?

I just want to know how it went (did many crash?) and what you thaught of it?

I am registered this year, the site says that you qualify for your racing license after you complete 80% of the day. But i read here somewhere that you need atleast to complete Fast2 to get your soar license. any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Alex
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

Re: "Fast 1" at shannonville...

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...6-Soar-license

Kneedragger88 runs SOAR. If you don't have much track experience, you might want to go ahead and do phase 2 of FAST. I thought FAST was good value, your mileage may vary. Ask lots of questions if you go.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Thanks
    I'm definately going as I've already paid for it, and I would have registered for fast2 on the following day but I wasn't sure about how tired I would be after driving 4 hours return from TO on top of the all day racing school. I am afraid of being too burnt out to make it back the following day, thus wasting 300 bucks. I dont know how much of a workout the course would be.
    I'm really looking foreward to it and will take your advice of asking questions and making the most of it.
    Thanks again
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex

I took Fast part 1, used one of their bikes, and really enjoyed it. Michelle Mercier was entertaining in the morning classroom session, probably made some of the best bike sounds in his instruction I've heard, lol. This course was my first experience with the track so it was nice to go out in a
    more controlled environment, and with instruction, then your typical track day. I quickly became comfortable on the track and the jitters and anxiety left. The instruction was useful, but the best part was the chance to take laps at my own speed and work on different elements of my riding. I soon realized that I wanted to take my own bike and go to trackdays. This course gave me that confidence as afterwards I had some idea of what to expect. If I remember correctly there was only one crash my day. It was a female rider who grabbed a handful of front brake and I think she went over the handlebars. I didn't see it though. In hindsight I probably would have used my own bike instead of forking out the cash to use on of theirs. In the end it was a positive experience.
    Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. H.S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by krrakt View Post
    Hey guys,

Has anybody taken the fast school?

I just want to know how it went (did many crash?) and what you thaught of it?

I am registered this year, the site says that you qualify for your racing license after you complete 80% of the day. But i read here somewhere that you need atleast to complete Fast2 to get your soar license. any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Alex
    Amazing experience and you will learn a whole lot!

I took phase 1 and 2 back in 2001 and used their bikes and gear.

Wow time flies that was a while back!

Enjoy and have fun!