Help me get on 2 wheels :(

Thread: Help me get on 2 wheels :(

Help me get on 2 wheels :(

So Im set to ride but statefarm declined to insure me for i have 3 tickets. Im afraid vifferfun's flow chart is turning out to be true...26 yrs old male with 3 tickets..600cc ss bike.

Anyone out there to insure me??!?!

Suggestions are greatly appreciated...*****weather is awesome!!!

Re: Help me get on 2 wheels :(

unfrotunately it looks like if you want to ride that bike right now with your current record you'll have to pay.

I wish I could post that classic comedic "wha whaaaaaaaa" sound. Sorry man, sounds like your outta luck until those tickets go away. Is this your first bike? You might want to sell it for something smaller for your first few years if that's the case.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

pay for what? as in not ride anymore cuz of my records or pay a higher premium elsewhere? i was under the impression i had one conviction and not 3 and SF was the only one i called pretty much. Im still hoping and open for options...someone should insure me..no?

Quote Originally Posted by Venom01 View Post
    I wish I could post that classic comedic "wha whaaaaaaaa" sound. Sorry man, sounds like your outta luck until those tickets go away. Is this your first bike? You might want to sell it for something smaller for your first few years if that's the case.

Not my first..ive had insurance for 250r few years ago and stopped riding due to financial/school situation. Managed to get a deal on a 600 cuz ive been itching lately lol..i jus need someone to insure me!!

edit..im hoping for options at least lol so i could atleast go with a better deal..i did put 15 k on the 250r be4 i sold her
    Last edited by flanka007; 04-06-2012 at 05:12 PM.

How long since you received the first and last ticket? Its going to be next to impossible to find any insurance until at least 2 are gone. Even the you'll be looking at $200-$300 more then a fair rate with the one ticket on your record. It takes 3 years from the date the ticket is issued for it to vanish from your abstract.

*edit*
    Your best option is to hunt down Viffer on the forum here to ask for advice.

Last edited by Venom01; 04-06-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Try TD insurance. They insure people with 3 tickets.

Try their online calculator first and plug in your info before you call them.

https://insurance2.group.tdinsurance...ntype=NEWQUOTE

It might not be cheap, but they WILL insure you.

Last edited by SunnY S; 04-06-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Facility insurance is there for people who cannot get quotes from regular brokers. Not cheap though...
    My bike: 82' Yamaha XS400R DOHC
    Happy 30th year!

Thanks for the input guys.

I took couple tickets to court in 2010 and one quite recent..reduced fine but still a conviction. I did call td before... since SF quoted me a lower rate (6 bills lower than td..if under one conviction) I opted for it. My next move is with td..have to give em a call asap..being part of an alumni helps however last I called td (monnex agent)..they were going back as far as 5 years for convictions...:S

And Im not looking to get raped by insurance as well...I know my boundaries. Anyone else in particular besides TD?

At this point im willing to trade my bike for a sports touring just to ride..

Im hurting nevertheless..I hope td pans out..

Edit: Thanks venom..ill send vifferfun a pm.
    Last edited by flanka007; 04-06-2012 at 11:02 PM.

I have some slightly illegal options for you, worked great for my first few years on my 1st bike (2000 CBR 929). I had 26 convictions on my record at the time

Send me a PM if you need more info.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Gotta pay to play.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSaki View Post
    Gotta pay to play.
    how much?

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    I had 26 convictions on my record at the time
    Holy ship! How the-- wait, I don't even want to know.
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

Update:

Toysareforboys thanks for the offer loll..
    But I called Td and went for it. Almost a grand more than SF but like somebody mentioned you gotta pay to play. Hmm..so lets play then.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    Holy ship! How the-- wait, I don't even want to know.
    lol. Got 15 tickets in one stop (had two thrown out at court), so that added quite a few. It was all stupid stuff, tint too dark, headlights too blue, blue license plate light, stereo too loud, muffler too loud (the muffler ticket is two in one! ), once they saw the nitrous bottle they just freaked and wrote me up for everything in the book. Only reason I kept my license was because none of them made me lose any points, lol.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by flanka007 View Post
    Update:

Toysareforboys thanks for the offer loll..
    But I called Td and went for it. Almost a grand more than SF but like somebody mentioned you gotta pay to play. Hmm..so lets play then.
    I'm surprised that TD was only $1000 more than SF -- their SS rates really don't start to become competitive until you are 30yo.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)