Z1 what a rip off ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z1 what a rip off ...

removed and resolved
    i was pretty hot-headed to write this unnecessary review
    Last edited by redlinerush; 04-06-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Re: Z1 what a rip off ...

What did you bring it in for initially? what's a 'baseline suspension' setup?
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by redlinerush View Post
    brought my bike in, a cbr600, for a baseline suspension setup since i bought it last year.
    and the rear is hella stiff for some reason
    the guy said come back it'll be ready, cuz there's someone same weight/heigh as you so we'll just work off of that.

ok

came back to pick up the bike, zaid, the owner? told me he'd have to take apart the whole rear to get to the rear shock, so he didn't do s*** with it. no sag nothing, all he did was soften up the front. that's it?

pretty upset w/ the whole thing, should've just took the key and run cuz i defintely overpaid for nothing
    There are always two sides to a story. We are missing some info on here.

How much were you charged that you consider a rip off?
    Was there any other info he gave you as this is not correct "told me he'd have to take apart the whole rear to get to the rear shock". No mechanic would tell you that

I have dealt with these guys many times and they are absolutely fantastic, hard to believe they just charged you for doing nothing and sent you your way
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

I concur, must be way more to this story. Zaid is A+ for service and customer satisfaction.

Zaid set up my track bike last year and I could not have been more impressed with both the cost and work

Top cheese

yah see that's the thing, i believe that too, from all the good feedback i'm hearing everywhere that's why i took the bike there.
    but that's literally what he said that's that to it "would have to take the whole rear apart", then he just handed the bike back to me...
    i was thinking "wtf that's it?" but i had to hurry to work already
    Last edited by redlinerush; 04-06-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Hard to understand the work they did by your posts

So they switched some parts on the fairings, so they had to take them out?

They set your sag? Did they say there was something wrong with the shock for them to have to take it apart?

After they took it apart did they say there was something wrong with it and that is why they couldn't set it properly and left it hard?

I know if I was this ****** about some work a shop did, I would not leave without getting a proper explanation or at least I would call them back

They worked on the bike for 2 hrs? At the door rate then 180 sounds about right, but if according to you they just set the sag and switched some fairing parts that does not take 2 hrs, so obviously there was something wrong with the bike suspension. They can not set your suspension if the parts are not working properly, same as they wouldn't set your suspension if the bike didn't have the fork oil changed for longer than 20k like they told someone I know

Making accusations that they put oil on your forks to make it seam like its leaking its a pretty serious accusation without any proof, no?

Sorry you are not happy but you seem not to know **** about your bike but yet you assume that your forks are ok because you think it wasn't leaking before
    Last edited by ZX600; 04-06-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Have you called Zaid up to talk to him about how things went down ?

You might try for that course before coming on here and going full blast.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

you've got a point and yea i should call them back to sort things out
    not gonna lie i'm pretty heat up, now if there's a way i can delete this
    hopefully i can bring it back to resolve this well

no ZX nothing was done to the rear because he said it would require him to take out the rear and he decided not to do it
    anyhow i'll call him up tomorrow
    Last edited by redlinerush; 04-06-2012 at 11:19 AM.

After reading this review this afternoon, I was totally zonked. I have been dealing with Z1 for years now with not a bad experience and over the years zaid has become a friend and i have written more than a couple of positive reviews about z1 in this forum. I decided to go into the shop at 6.30 on my way home from work cause I don't live far from there. I told zaid about this review and he was lost for words. He then showed me the workorder and said and I quote "are you freaking kidding me, we didn't even charge him for suspension setup, we only charged him for replacing the two side fairing wings" apparently the bike in question 07 cbr 600rr required pulling the 4 piece side fairing on each side apart to insert one new fairing piece per side which was from a different year and required some cutting as the tabs were slightly different.

I then asked why they didn't adjust the suspension and he said the rear spring was waaaaay toooooo stiff for the rider and the stock shock preload adjuster would make no real change and that he suggested replacing the spring. He said about 4 spring rates lighter for this particular rider. So instead of wasting the customers money to remove a little bit of preload which is apparently a pain on the particular bike and the collar which was partially seized he just gave the bike back. He said that removing all the preload from the shock would have accomplished nothing as the stock spring is rated for a 240 pound rider and not he 130 pound customer.

The last thing zaid said was why wouldnt the guy try to contact us and before going on to a forum and slagging his shop.

Sound to me like redlinerush owes z1 an apology but that's just my opinion....call me biased because im a z1 customer but I don't think I'm taking anyones side here just trying to see both sides of the story.

Joe

color me fancy looks like i do owe him an apology then, i'll talk to him tomorrow
    Last edited by redlinerush; 04-06-2012 at 02:21 AM.

I know Zaid for past three years. He's an awesome guy and very knowledgeable. He does all maintenance work on my FZ6R and has saved me some money by telling me straight what need to be done and what could wait until the next schedule maintenance. Most shops and even dealers charge you full rate for maintenance work even if your bike doesn't need it and the work isn't done. they just say it's done.

to OP , please post the conclusion of your story, after you have all the facts. It's only fair for both parties to have their story heard.

If I was Zaid I would tell redlinerush to find another shop to deal with, who needs customers like that.

Like the OP, I too have been surprised by how much Z1 charge at times. Way too little sometimes.

One thing I've learnt in life is that if you treat people right they will treat you right. Zaid lives his life the same way. He's a top guy who has done favors for me above and beyond what I'd expect at times.
    Last edited by Fiery254; 04-06-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by redlinerush View Post
    yah see that's the thing, i believe that too, from all the good feedback i'm hearing everywhere that's why i took the bike there.
    but that's literally what he said that's that to it "would have to take the whole rear apart", then he just handed the bike back to me...
    i was thinking "wtf that's it?" but i had to hurry to work already

i brought the bike in asked to set the proper sag base off my weight, so he asked for my weight and went from there, "I don't need to be there to set the sag?", "no", ok, that's the suspension part,
    and swap few fairing parts for me, since i was bringing the bike in, and a few screws got stuck in there i got tired of wrestling with, cuz i don't have a garage in a condo and i barely have any tools

the whole thing took 2 hours, and after all the waiting that was $180 and tax

honestly i'm sure these guys are legit and they can build exceptional bikes

but the fact he said to me straight up "had to take out the whole rear", and "didn't do anything" is pretty @**

take it for what it is, but that's what happened
    frankly i want to like this shop, it's close enough, those guys seem like they're awesome at it.

maybe he thinks i'm rich little snob who don't know s*** so he doesn't wanna deal w/ me

admittedly it's my first time bringing in a bike for suspension so i do all my homework try to explain best i could what i'm looking for

now the front is all soft up and the back is still hard as a rock

and i'm suspicious if he smeared some oil on my front to fool me thinking the fork is leaking, cuz last i checked it wasn't. that i ain't so choked up over.
    This is a prime reason why the internet sucks because a majority of people will read the first line of this thread and be like "Z1 is a rip off". Straight from your post once I read through all the BS you state they worked on your bike fixing some problems you created and tweaked the suspension as much as they could without fixing something. They then accurately charged you for the time the spent assuming their labor rate is $90hr. I don't know Z1 nor do I know you but all your post did was want me to go check this place out because it seems they were completely honest about your bike with you.

Quote Originally Posted by rbjeepthing View Post
    This is a prime reason why the internet sucks because a majority of people will read the first line of this thread and be like "Z1 is a rip off". Straight from your post once I read through all the BS you state they worked on your bike fixing some problems you created and tweaked the suspension as much as they could without fixing something. They then accurately charged you for the time the spent assuming their labor rate is $90hr. I don't know Z1 nor do I know you but all your post did was want me to go check this place out because it seems they were completely honest about your bike with you.
    I trailer my track bikes from Newmarket to Z1 to have them do work on them. Not that they do much for me nowadays but I always like going there and am always well received.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    There are always two sides to a story. We are missing some info on here.
    After reading this review this afternoon, I was totally zonked. I have been dealing with Z1 for years now with not a bad experience and over the years zaid has become a friend and i have written more than a couple of positive reviews about z1 in this forum. I decided to go into the shop at 6.30 on my way home from work cause I don't live far from there. I told zaid about this review and he was lost for words. He then showed me the workorder and said and I quote "are you freaking kidding me, we didn't even charge him for suspension setup, we only charged him for replacing the two side fairing wings" apparently the bike in question 07 cbr 600rr required pulling the 4 piece side fairing on each side apart to insert one new fairing piece per side which was from a different year and required some cutting as the tabs were slightly different.

I then asked why they didn't adjust the suspension and he said the rear spring was waaaaay toooooo stiff for the rider and the stock shock preload adjuster would make no real change and that he suggested replacing the spring. He said about 4 spring rates lighter for this particular rider. So instead of wasting the customers money to remove a little bit of preload which is apparently a pain on the particular bike and the collar which was partially seized he just gave the bike back. He said that removing all the preload from the shock would have accomplished nothing as the stock spring is rated for a 240 pound rider and not he 130 pound customer.

The last thing zaid said was why wouldnt the guy try to contact us and before going on to a forum and slagging his shop.
    I rest my case.

Hope this is a lesson to the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    I trailer my track bikes from Newmarket to Z1 to have them do work on them. Not that they do much for me nowadays but I always like going there and am always well received.
    Fiery254 that is saying something; you are definitely not well received very often!!!!

BTW, I was at Z1 last night; he was working late finishing a project for me. he was in no way obligated to do the welding for me last night. he worked well past closing, did an incredible job - better than original; then charged me next to nothing!!!

I also spoke to him about this post; he is very upset. They tried to contact the OP, no voicemail - must be a ripoff from Rogers!!

This Thread needs to be renamed or removed. It is not an accurate representation of a local merchant and damaging to both Zaids' character and business

Z1 is where I usually go as well, I havent had any mech work done there but that's where I go to get all the little things like oil and filters. I recomend others to the shop too because of the positive visits I've had there.

I agree with above, rename or remove the thread.
    ~~~Carpe Diem~~~
    *Support Our Troops*
    ---> 1992 FZR600 - SOLD <---
    ---> 2004 CBR 600RR <---
    ---> 1981 CB 750C - PROJECT <---