DOCC questions - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DOCC questions

Re: DOCC questions

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    So what?Why wouldn't i post that.It's my club!Lets get back to discussing the trackdays.Maybe something positive will come out of this.
    And my mod status has no influence here.I told the others to do what ever they wish with this.Ok?
    Of course you can post whatever you want in your club. But then you helped blknblu reset his password for this forum after he'd called the place "one pure piece of ****". Hell Ric, you even quoted his view on this place in the post where you said you'd "try something".

http://www.docc.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic....&t=4575#p21058

And whatever you tried to let blknblu post on here again worked and look what he came out with? He was already foaming at the mouth when you offered to help him yet still saw fit (even as a moderator of the forum he`d called a pure POS) to help him. He used the deaths of two fellow track day riders to denegrate Pro 6 and tried to use the same to cast the DOCC trackdays in a good light. And you say "So what?" I'm sorry but that makes you as bad as him.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkNBlu View Post
    I was not let in by a mod, I gained a new user account, waited the standard period to be allowed to post. On a side note, not that it will matter because of the fact it was already said, I was not trying to "gain points" on that issue, and do incredibly regret mentioning it. I am not the voice of the docc by any means. Was stupid of me. All I can say is thanks to the mod that removed my stupidity.
    From the look of the thread I quoted above it looks like a moderator off this forum reached out to you and reset your passwords so you could come on here. It doesn`t look like you gained a new account, as you told Ric what your user names over here were. Now that may or may not be true, I don`t know. I wasn`t sat on your shoulder when you did all this. But the fact remains that a moderator off this forum aided you in activating or reactivating your account on here so you could spill vile abuse and generally destroy a somewhat fractious but valuable discussion regarding the DOCC trackdays. You destroyed the thread. You destroyed the reputation of the DOCC. You even tried to destroy Pro 6 in the process.

Ric, we were discusing the trackdays before blknblu came along. It maybe wasn`t favourable towards the DOCC but a forum is all about opinions. Whatever you did to assist blknblu on here contributed to the whole thread turning into a shitshow. And yet you say this is okay. You`re wrong, it`s not okay. You must see the harm your action did and the lack of judgement you showed in even offering to help blknblu in the first place. And if you don`t then you shouldn`t be moderating.

The DOCC trackdays have problems. They`re undersold, viewed as elitist and snobby and lack any sort of dynamic leadership. If the people who were running trackdays 5 years ago are still running them today then the DOCC is doomed to fail. I wòuldn`t go to one for the reason I originally stated. But if I saw change and heard positive feedback then I`d love to come out again. I love Ducatis, I love the tracks the DOCC normally runs at and I have friends at the days that I don`t normally see otherwise. I even came and hung out at one of the Mosport days last season to see them. But something drastic has to happen to make the days attractive. If you roll DOCC membership in to the equation they`re expensive days. And adding in all the other BS (as I see it) it just isn`t worth it.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

I'm really sorry you feel so strongly about it.My intention from the start was to dicuss for the benefit of all.If you still feel the same,contact Paul and let him decide on my mod status with gtam.
    As for the attitude at docc trackdays.When i started doing trackdays,i didn't like the way things were done years ago by other places.Being "stuffed" by some young hotshot isn't fun for a noob like myself.I tried the docc weekend because it appeared to be a much more mature crowd.And i was right.I thought at that time that the Ducati folks would be a snobby bunch with money to throw at anything.I couldn't have been more wrong.Your comment about Fran is spot on.Awesome guy that i would give the keys to anything i own in a heartbeat.
    As for the things that have been posted by others,sadly i have to agree with you on most of your points.Your offer of taking over the trackday is very generous,but asking the execs to step aside is never going to happen.
    All i can add is...drop by Mosport at the end of May.It would great to buy ya beer and chat. Ric
    Thanks for that but you are highlighting a bit again the docc problem. You don't want to get stuffed at a track day then stay off the track. Things happen. I don't like some DOCC member cruising around in his Bayliss leathers on his 1198 in the fast group and no one telling him he has to drop down a class or 3 but sometimes that happens at track days as well as crashes and many other things. I think the DOCC exec ( except Fran)should resign. They are failing at their job big time.get someone who isn't in the club with a Tilley hat or stupid white beard who thinks singles are the best bikes and leathers from 1986 are the best ever made. That person wont have an agenda or be caught up in the politics and can make the DOCC a viable club again. Stick to the same old crap and it's going away. I might see you at mosport and i Will be in the fast group stuffing away ( cleanly)
    Last edited by sonnythebull; 04-08-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    51 Panhead FL Chop, 2011 MV Agusta F4

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    Of course you can post whatever you want in your club. But then you helped blknblu reset his password for this forum after he'd called the place "one pure piece of ****". Hell Ric, you even quoted his view on this place in the post where you said you'd "try something".

http://www.docc.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic....&t=4575#p21058

And whatever you tried to let blknblu post on here again worked and look what he came out with? He was already foaming at the mouth when you offered to help him yet still saw fit (even as a moderator of the forum he`d called a pure POS) to help him. He used the deaths of two fellow track day riders to denegrate Pro 6 and tried to use the same to cast the DOCC trackdays in a good light. And you say "So what?" I'm sorry but that makes you as bad as him.

From the look of the thread I quoted above it looks like a moderator off this forum reached out to you and reset your passwords so you could come on here. It doesn`t look like you gained a new account, as you told Ric what your user names over here were. Now that may or may not be true, I don`t know. I wasn`t sat on your shoulder when you did all this. But the fact remains that a moderator off this forum aided you in activating or reactivating your account on here so you could spill vile abuse and generally destroy a somewhat fractious but valuable discussion regarding the DOCC trackdays. You destroyed the thread. You destroyed the reputation of the DOCC. You even tried to destroy Pro 6 in the process.

Ric, we were discusing the trackdays before blknblu came along. It maybe wasn`t favourable towards the DOCC but a forum is all about opinions. Whatever you did to assist blknblu on here contributed to the whole thread turning into a shitshow. And yet you say this is okay. You`re wrong, it`s not okay. You must see the harm your action did and the lack of judgement you showed in even offering to help blknblu in the first place. And if you don`t then you shouldn`t be moderating.

The DOCC trackdays have problems. They`re undersold, viewed as elitist and snobby and lack any sort of dynamic leadership. If the people who were running trackdays 5 years ago are still running them today then the DOCC is doomed to fail. I wòuldn`t go to one for the reason I originally stated. But if I saw change and heard positive feedback then I`d love to come out again. I love Ducatis, I love the tracks the DOCC normally runs at and I have friends at the days that I don`t normally see otherwise. I even came and hung out at one of the Mosport days last season to see them. But something drastic has to happen to make the days attractive. If you roll DOCC membership in to the equation they`re expensive days. And adding in all the other BS (as I see it) it just isn`t worth it.
    Mods have no power to help anyone with passwords.Only the Admin can.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnythebull View Post
    Thanks for that but you are highlighting a bit again the docc problem. You don't want to get stuffed at a track day then stay off the track. Things happen. I don't like some DOCC member cruising around in his Bayliss leathers on his 1198 in the fast group and no one telling him he has to drop down a class or 3 but sometimes that happens at track days as well as crashes and many other things. I think the DOCC exec ( except Fran)should resign. They are failing at their job big time.get someone who isn't in the club with a Tilley hat or stupid white beard who thinks singles are the best bikes and leathers from 1986 are the best ever made. That person wont have an agenda or be caught up in the politics and can make the DOCC a viable club again. Stick to the same old crap and it's going away. I might see you at mosport and i Will be in the fast group stuffing away ( cleanly)
    Good points.Especially the pace of some riders.I know exactly what you are talking about.Watch a vid of mine and you'll see a perfect example of riders waaay off the pace in yellow group.These are topics that need to be addressed.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Good points.Especially the pace of some riders.I know exactly what you are talking about.Watch a vid of mine and you'll see a perfect example of riders waaay off the pace in yellow group.These are topics that need to be addressed.

Seems like you guys know the issues. So get rid of the people blocking the changes or dragging their feet on it. Best of luck.

I usually stay out of threads like this but based on the comments by Blknblu I have to say something now that this has been opened up.
    Your attack on Pro6 was simply disgusting.
    Our company was in no way involved in this topic directly and it was very disrespectful of you to drag the families and friends involved in those incidents into this. Those lost but not forgotten riders family and friends continue to participate in not only our events, but others as well and are still very involved in our riding community. They are members of this forum, this community and this family.
    You owe them an apology.
    Using other peoples pain to prove a point is utterly repulsive.
    I am particularly upset about your comments, as a member and volunteer with DOCC, you should be well aware that our organizations have worked along-side one another for many years. We hope to do so in the future. It is too bad that your poor judgment and cruelty have reflected so badly on the DOCC.
    I am very disappointed...

Sheena

Quote Originally Posted by MaSheena View Post
    I usually stay out of threads like this but based on the comments by Blknblu I have to say something now that this has been opened up.
    Your attack on Pro6 was simply disgusting.
    Our company was in no way involved in this topic directly and it was very disrespectful of you to drag the families and friends involved in those incidents into this. Those lost but not forgotten riders family and friends continue to participate in not only our events, but others as well and are still very involved in our riding community. They are members of this forum, this community and this family.
    You owe them an apology.
    Using other peoples pain to prove a point is utterly repulsive.
    I am particularly upset about your comments, as a member and volunteer with DOCC, you should be well aware that our organizations have worked along-side one another for many years. We hope to do so in the future. It is too bad that your poor judgment and cruelty have reflected so badly on the DOCC.

Sheena
    Thank you Sheena. I wasnt going to say anything but all of us involved in thier lives apreciate you still being suportive. I and everyone who knew them will still see you at your trackdays.

You cannot ignore the fact that you offered to help blknblu get on this forum, when he was already foaming at the mouth and ready to rant. You offered to help. Whether you were succesful in helping is academic. The point is you offered to help someone obtain access to GTAM so they could rubbish the site and ruin a thread. That, in my opinion, is a lack of judgement and is playing both sides of the fence to defend the DOCC and is abusing your position as a moderator of GTAM. The fact that you choose to ignore these issues speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by MaSheena View Post

Sheena
    Thanks for standing up for those who can't defend themselves.

You cannot ignore the fact that you offered to help blknblu get on this forum, when he was already foaming at the mouth and ready to rant. You offered to help. Whether you were succesful in helping is academic. The point is you offered to help someone obtain access to GTAM so they could rubbish the site and ruin a thread. That, in my opinion, is a lack of judgement and is playing both sides of the fence to defend the DOCC and is abusing your position as a moderator of GTAM. The fact that you choose to ignore these issues speaks volumes.

Thanks for standing up for those who can't defend themselves.
    Ok,you win.I just finished bashing my corupt keyboard fingers with a ball peenhammer.Better?
    Im done with this.
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing

It maybe wasn`t favourable towards the DOCC but a forum is all about opinions.
    You`re wrong, it`s not okay.
    WTF??

Fiery

Don't blame the mods for some else's opinions. I can't believe your saying I shouldn't have let this user on GTAM just because he bashed it on another forum. Who cares? So what if they bash GTAM....a forum is all about opinions (Now where have I read that before?) Ric did the right thing by helping a member of GTAM get connected....regardless of that member's opinions.

There is some good discussion here....it's unfortunate that a few of the DOCC are representing the club in a negative way. After hearing the attitudes (both in emails regarding accounts and posts in this thread)....I've lost respect for the club as well.

I say...let them post their opinions....so others can make their own decisions based on those opinions.

Simon says....Play nice!
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    WTF??

Fiery

Don't blame the mods for some else's opinions. I can't believe your saying I shouldn't have let this user on GTAM just because he bashed it on another forum. Who cares? So what if they bash GTAM....a forum is all about opinions (Now where have I read that before?) Ric did the right thing by helping a member of GTAM get connected....regardless of that member's opinions.

There is some good discussion here....it's unfortunate that a few of the DOCC are representing the club in a negative way. After hearing the attitudes (both in emails regarding accounts and posts in this thread)....I've lost respect for the club as well.

I say...let them post their opinions....so others can make their own decisions based on those opinions.

Simon says....Play nice!
    You shouldn't believe it Paul. Because I never said it.
    Last edited by Fiery254; 04-08-2012 at 02:38 PM.

You shouldn't believe it Paul. Because I never said it.
    point is you offered to help someone obtain access to GTAM so they could rubbish the site and ruin a thread. That, in my opinion, is a lack of judgement

Sorry...i must have misunderstood... Now lets get back on topic...leave the mods/admins out of it.
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Sorry...i must have misunderstood... Now lets get back on topic...leave the mods/admins out of it.
    The "you" in that quote is Ric, not you.

WTF??

Fiery

Simon says....Play nice!
    Hi Paul,

I'd like to assure you the club (DOCC) is a collection of a pretty wide assortment of people, all kinds, in fact. Oh, yeah. You should see what we call a normal day at work, here in the spacious DOCC world headquarters complex. Point is, off-the-wall behavior isn't only a DOCC specialty, you know that. OK, never mind ... I was trying to say we're dealing with untoward and essentially inappropriate behavior internally right now behind closed doors. We can't say what diabolical reprimand will be dealt out but we'll forward a picture for your perusal, a bit later. I can tell you it might involve a sombrero and a Ducati single among other things, we'll see how it goes.

All criticisms are taken with appreciation since each might sting just a bit but the grain of truth therein provides the means to resolve problems. Some of them, anyways.

Good discussion and my respects to everyone participating, tanks everyone!

Franco
    Ducati TT2/TT750

KTM 300 xc
    KTM 400 sx
    KTM 450 exc

Quote Originally Posted by sonnythebull View Post
    You deleted any opposing opinion...nice.
    The questions about the DOCC track days were being answered, obviously someone didnt like the answers so?..so why exactly did you delete my post where I offered to run the docc track day and pay for the track rental if the current DOCC exec and volunteers resigned?
    I deleted the posts that I considered to be inappropriate and because you had quoted posts that I considered to be appropriate. If you want to post again about your coup then go ahead. If people played nice then posts wouldn't be deleted.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Hi
    I don't no what went so horribly wrong in this thread !
    What started out as an inquiry to the availability of track time with the docc has become a mud slinging $h!t show to say the least . I wish this had turned out very different!
    Yes the docc is having problems with filling are events and I feel the discussion will only make that problem worse. We are trying to make are track rally's better !
    I would like to thank the moderator that helped me get access .
    I would like to thank administrator for questioning my intention to post !i did take you advice Paul , I took some time to calm down .im all so sorry for my erational e mails.

Robblefave docc event co ordonator

Quote Originally Posted by robb916998 View Post
    Hi
    I don't no what went so horribly wrong in this thread !
    What started out as an inquiry to the availability of track time with the docc has become a mud slinging $h!t show to say the least . I wish this had turned out very different!
    Yes the docc is having problems with filling are events and I feel the discussion will only make that problem worse. We are trying to make are track rally's better !
    I would like to thank the moderator that helped me get access .
    I would like to thank administrator for questioning my intention to post !i did take you advice Paul , I took some time to calm down .im all so sorry for my erational e mails.

Robblefave docc event co ordonator

Now can you list all the ways you intend to improve the rally's? I shared many ideas with Franco and hope they were shared with you.

Holy Monday.

Gotten a few PMs from some great DOCC members, thank you all. I'll eventually own a Duc and become a member.

Ric thank you for your offer - I'll take you up on it (clear your inbox btw) if I need an invite for the Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Holy Monday.

Gotten a few PMs from some great DOCC members, thank you all. I'll eventually own a Duc and become a member.

Ric thank you for your offer - I'll take you up on it (clear your inbox btw) if I need an invite for the Monday.
    Lol,thanks for the heads up Meme.It prolly was a good thing that my inbox was full. *rolls eyes*.
    Sonny.I'm not an exec of the club,but i am going to offer my ideas and those of others such as yourself to the folks like Rob916998 who can make changes happen.I had a long talk with an old friend (and docc member) from the States.He helps run a track school in Laconia New Hampshire.He had a bunch of ideas that he felt would make our festivals run smoother.
    I am always open to suggestions and constructive advice when it applies to something i have some control over.(providing my inbox is open to recieve that is.Sorry guys)
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing

Lol,thanks for the heads up Meme.It prolly was a good thing that my inbox was full. *rolls eyes*.
    Sonny.I'm not an exec of the club,but i am going to offer my ideas and those of others such as yourself to the folks like Rob916998 who can make changes happen.I had a long talk with an old friend (and docc member) from the States.He helps run a track school in Laconia New Hampshire.He had a bunch of ideas that he felt would make our festivals run smoother.
    I am always open to suggestions and constructive advice when it applies to something i have some control over.(providing my inbox is open to recieve that is.Sorry guys)

Ok great . Good luck