DOCC questions

Thread: DOCC questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DOCC questions

The past couple ofyears there has been DOCC trackdays at Mosport in May. Pro 6 usually does the days following them.

Every once in awhile I've heard that numbers get low and they "allow" non-Ducs to take part in their TDs - usually the last day.

Can anyone confirm this? I was thinking Monday May 28th. Would I have to get a membership to the DOCC? I checked the website but still had these questions.

Thanks in advance.

Re: DOCC questions

Monday is open to all makes but you need to be a member $35. Have a look on their website, they describe the weekends pretty well. www.docc.ca
    Good group.

snap - I read Ducs and NA bikes and stopped. Thanks

I've been a member for many years.I expect that attendance will again be low again this year because of the soft economy.I can't tell you for sure when the exec will take on non euro bikes for the weekend,but Jenn can.Please tell her Ric in Waterloo sent you.
    Treasurer and Membership Coordinator: Jennifer Waterland 519-537-6094 jennifer.docc@gmail.com or membership@docc.ca

p.s. would be great to see ya meme!
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Thanks Ric - always set up the eve you guys leave and I kick myself every year for not getting in on the day. mmmmmmmm

5 days might be a bit too much though

I remember last year at 'bogie they invited non Ducatis to stay for the weekend.

I also remember that weekend being a complete **** show. And more red flags than any other track day ..
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    And more red flags than any other track day ..
    Sorry.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

GBM was an organizational mess last year, although it was their first time at the track, so I'll give them a little lee-way on it. Registration, tech, and the riders meeting are painfully slow. There were significant amounts of empty track time where the starter had no instruction or reason from whoever was calling the shots. They had non-ducs at Mosport and GBM (can't comment on bogie). You'll need an invite from a member, but you won't know until right before the track day. I wasn't a fan of the way they ran the show, the first day at GBM there was only 5 sessions run the entire day. Pro6 is a much more organized setup.

The marshals out there for "safety" are hazardous, causing more problems then they are solving. I feel pro6 days are safer without them. The pace is about 2/3 of what you'd expect from a pro6 day.

DOCC is a great group of guys, but the management of it could be better
    Last edited by smergy; 04-05-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

2008 - 1098 Street, 2008 - 1098 Track....Milton

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    I remember last year at 'bogie they invited non Ducatis to stay for the weekend.

I also remember that weekend being a complete **** show. And more red flags than any other track day ..
    The Saturday had multiple red flags, but the Sunday had none.
    But can you really blame the DOCC for the riders going down??
    Put it on my tab, donut eater......
    (is that better ?)