DOCC questions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DOCC questions

DOCC questions

The past couple ofyears there has been DOCC trackdays at Mosport in May. Pro 6 usually does the days following them.

Every once in awhile I've heard that numbers get low and they "allow" non-Ducs to take part in their TDs - usually the last day.

Can anyone confirm this? I was thinking Monday May 28th. Would I have to get a membership to the DOCC? I checked the website but still had these questions.

Thanks in advance.

Re: DOCC questions

Monday is open to all makes but you need to be a member $35. Have a look on their website, they describe the weekends pretty well. www.docc.ca
    Good group.

snap - I read Ducs and NA bikes and stopped. Thanks

I've been a member for many years.I expect that attendance will again be low again this year because of the soft economy.I can't tell you for sure when the exec will take on non euro bikes for the weekend,but Jenn can.Please tell her Ric in Waterloo sent you.
    Treasurer and Membership Coordinator: Jennifer Waterland 519-537-6094 jennifer.docc@gmail.com or membership@docc.ca

p.s. would be great to see ya meme!
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Thanks Ric - always set up the eve you guys leave and I kick myself every year for not getting in on the day. mmmmmmmm

5 days might be a bit too much though

I remember last year at 'bogie they invited non Ducatis to stay for the weekend.

I also remember that weekend being a complete **** show. And more red flags than any other track day ..
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Quote Originally Posted by infernobuster View Post
    And more red flags than any other track day ..
    Sorry.
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    Sorry.
    Lol. Sorry Ric, i forgot you were one of them.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca

GBM was an organizational mess last year, although it was their first time at the track, so I'll give them a little lee-way on it. Registration, tech, and the riders meeting are painfully slow. There were significant amounts of empty track time where the starter had no instruction or reason from whoever was calling the shots. They had non-ducs at Mosport and GBM (can't comment on bogie). You'll need an invite from a member, but you won't know until right before the track day. I wasn't a fan of the way they ran the show, the first day at GBM there was only 5 sessions run the entire day. Pro6 is a much more organized setup.

The marshals out there for "safety" are hazardous, causing more problems then they are solving. I feel pro6 days are safer without them. The pace is about 2/3 of what you'd expect from a pro6 day.

DOCC is a great group of guys, but the management of it could be better
    Last edited by smergy; 04-05-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Lol. Sorry Ric, i forgot you were one of them.
    It's ok.I've always been too outspoken about the turkeys that go out and bin it with cold or old tires.Duuuuh!
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing

Quote Originally Posted by smergy View Post
    You'll need an invite from a member, but you won't know until right before the track day.

anyone comment on this?

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    anyone comment on this?
    Yeah i had to be invited by a current member to ride ..
    www.thetoyhauler.ca

I did one DOCC day on a Ducati at Mosport and I hated the organisers. They were more concerned with demonstrating their own importance than getting riders on the track. One of the gear inspectors tried failing my helmet and was happy to have me sit the whole day out because of a dispute over a date stamp. The riders meeting went on and on and on and on. If they want to drone on for an hour then start at 8am. And open tech sooner. And STFU and ride. If I go to Mosport this season it wont be with the DOCC if I can avoid it.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    I did one DOCC day on a Ducati at Mosport and I hated the organisers. They were more concerned with demonstrating their own importance than getting riders on the track. One of the gear inspectors tried failing my helmet and was happy to have me sit the whole day out because of a dispute over a date stamp. The riders meeting went on and on and on and on. If they want to drone on for an hour then start at 8am. And open tech sooner. And STFU and ride. If I go to Mosport this season it wont be with the DOCC if I can avoid it.
    The one day you did must have been a bad representation of what we have to offer.Our festivals are totally run by volunteers who put their heart and soul into making it a fun and safe weekend for all.Please don't condemn us based on one day."STFU and ride" was not needed. Regards,Ric.
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing

2008 - 1098 Street, 2008 - 1098 Track....Milton

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    anyone comment on this?
    Not true, If you get an invite, you are in automatically. We make the call 2 weeks before the event and we don't leave you hanging till the night before.
    Put it on my tab, donut eater......
    (is that better ?)

2008 - 1098 Street, 2008 - 1098 Track....Milton

I remember last year at 'bogie they invited non Ducatis to stay for the weekend.

I also remember that weekend being a complete **** show. And more red flags than any other track day ..
    The Saturday had multiple red flags, but the Sunday had none.
    But can you really blame the DOCC for the riders going down??
    Put it on my tab, donut eater......
    (is that better ?)

100 percent correct
    51 Panhead FL Chop, 2011 MV Agusta F4

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    The one day you did must have been a bad representation of what we have to offer.Our festivals are totally run by volunteers who put their heart and soul into making it a fun and safe weekend for all.Please don't condemn us based on one day."STFU and ride" was not needed. Regards,Ric.
    Ric, I wouldn't have posted unless I had spoken to numerous others who echoed my feelings. If people had told me I was offbase I would have kept my mouth shut. I have a friend who has attended almost every DOCC day for the past 3 years and he tells me it's a "little" better than when I went but not much. If it wasn't bad then they wouldn't have problems filling their spots. I've done a lot of trackdays with a variety of organisers, here and in the US and I'm sorry but STFU and ride is very appropriate.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Hey Fiery,
    Thanks for your comments and please let us know how you really feel about DOCC track events, hopefully it got better? The helmet thing sucks for certain and I know we have a couple of extra helmets with current date stamps usually available. Have to say, as volunteers we need all the feedback we can get to figure out where we're not making these events work better for everyone. Riders meetings will be better this season, we're only too aware of how problematic they were but we felt obliged to meet all the safety-related requirements line by line by ... yeah, there are better ways. Just want you to know we're trying to pay attention to making things more fun. We are happy to talk about any issues anyone has regarding STFU and riding, we like that a lot!

Franco
    bike tech

Quote Originally Posted by fmcd92 View Post
    Hey Fiery,
    Thanks for your comments and please let us know how you really feel about DOCC track events, hopefully it got better? The helmet thing sucks for certain and I know we have a couple of extra helmets with current date stamps usually available. Have to say, as volunteers we need all the feedback we can get to figure out where we're not making these events work better for everyone. Riders meetings will be better this season, we're only too aware of how problematic they were but we felt obliged to meet all the safety-related requirements line by line by ... yeah, there are better ways. Just want you to know we're trying to pay attention to making things more fun. We are happy to talk about any issues anyone has regarding STFU and riding, we like that a lot!

Franco
    bike tech
    Your problem is the arrogance and know it all attitude of the volunteers . I was a DOCC member from 1994 to 2001 and attended events at mosport and grattan. Grattan was always better as the us guys we're more involved. But the docc is still dominated by pretty much the same people. You better recognize that while all other track day organizers are full to bursting and you guys can't fill spots the reason is you treat participants like children. I dumped the docc in 2001 but not Italian bikes or other non docc track events, What does that tell you? The really funny part is the DOCC events have way more crashing and incidents of bad riding than other events do.
    Make it mandatory your event organizers and volunteers go to track days run by Pro 6 to see how it should be done. Copy that and you will get people back signing up
    51 Panhead FL Chop, 2011 MV Agusta F4