LOL Lucky Day For Those In Court W3 At Eglinton!! (Toronto) - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LOL Lucky Day For Those In Court W3 At Eglinton!! (Toronto)

Re: LOL Lucky Day For Those In Court W3 At Eglinton!! (Toronto)

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    are you talking about 172 or 0.05 ??
    Both, and the very concepts that spawned them. Both were built on the backs of a very small number of high profile incidents, that were played up heavily both in the media, and by politicians.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Maybe, but legally they are quite different, because I think 172 creates vagueness while the 0.05 is well... the same amount of certainty as the CC.
    This post does not provide any legal advice and readers should consult with their own lawyer for legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGambit View Post
    Maybe, but legally they are quite different, because I think 172 creates vagueness while the 0.05 is well... the same amount of certainty as the CC.
    While 172 has a large number of very vague definitions, both it and the current 0.05 BAC laws do the same thing; create unreasonably high penalties for lesser offences. To refer to anything defined my 172 as 'racing' is just as ridiculous, to me, as daring to use the expression 'warn range' for 0.05 BAC in Ontario.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by iFly55 View Post
    Amazing how the actual law diverged so much from the originally stated goals, isn't it? The Criminal Code already had provisions, for dealing with racing. Rather than enforcing them rigorously, Provincial politicians instead drafted poorly defined and misleadingly titled legislation.

As has been stated many times, in this forum, the driver of the car in which the "Oak Ridges Couple, out celebrating their anniversary" were driving was legally impaired, and yet that fact wasn't in the news regarding the incident. It wasn't sensational enough nor did it further the goals of ambitious politicians, like Mr. Bryant.

From Michael Bryant, the tool that brought us the pit bull ban and probably many other stupid laws that I can't remember.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    From Michael Bryant, the tool that brought us the pit bull ban and probably many other stupid laws that I can't remember.
    Reminds me of Wendy Cukier!!! LOL! Canada would be such a more fun place without her.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Reminds me of Wendy Cukier!!! LOL! Canada would be such a more fun place without her.

-Jamie M.
    Fortunately Ms. Cukier isn't aware that I'm a conservative leaning gun owner

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    HEHE! Nice!!! If you ever get the chance, like win the lottery or whatever, can you PLEASE bring in one of these. It's the ultimate gun that would piss of Wendy. I was trying to get everything in place for it when I lost my license for 10 years.

Accuracy International AS50, approx $6,800 delivered by truck (it's too heavy for UPS). I know it's a military only gun, but I have a contact that will export it to Canada Customs for you. It's not prohibited here (everyone thought so, CFC, OPP, RCMP, DFAIT, CGD, etc.) because the Barrett .50 Semi is listed specifically prohibited, not *all* .50 semi's. Not sure if you like to push the limits as hard as I did, but just throwing that out there.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

She isn't aware that I'm a hard leftist freedom to keep and bear arms proponent either.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

Accuracy International AS50
    You'd need a damn long shooting range to truly stretch it's legs .

She isn't aware that I'm a hard leftist freedom to keep and bear arms proponent either.
    The difference between you and I being that I've been in her office 3 times, in the last month.

You'd need a damn long shooting range to truly stretch it's legs .
    I saw a video of them testing it. They put five rounds through a popcan, AT 2KM! YIKES!

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

The difference between you and I being that I've been in her office 3 times, in the last month.
    Keep your enemies closer thing?

Not talking about her, she's not wise enough

I saw a video of them testing it. They put five rounds through a popcan, AT 2KM! YIKES!
    That takes a lot of skill and practice, regardless of the rifle used. I realized that when I missed a barrel sized target at 200m with a .50 (I think it was Barrett, but I'm not sure. It was huge, very hard to aim and damn loud).

That takes a lot of skill and practice, regardless of the rifle used. I realized that when I missed a barrel sized target at 200m with a .50 (I think it was Barrett, but I'm not sure. It was huge, very hard to aim and damn loud).
    That is true. They had a super fancy computer attached to the scope/gun that compensated for all kinds of stuff including the curvature of the earth!

The only 50 BMG I've ever shot, top left, home built Very heavy and loud with that muzzle brake on it!

I'm in the top center/left, blue and black jacket, holding my green FS2000 and my black Walther G22 w/M203. My ex fiancee is kneeling in front of me, blue/white jacket with my PS90.

By "my" I'm speaking in the past tense. They've all been melted down

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

By "my" I'm speaking in the past tense. They've all been melted down
    Sorry to hear that, i'm sure you have good memories shooting them. BTW, is that SKS with the fourth guy from the right in the first row? I carried one exactly like this for 11 months . Shot plenty of ammo through it, including a few dozen anti-personel and anti-tank grenades. Good, peaceful times those were

Sorry to hear that, i'm sure you have good memories shooting them. BTW, is that SKS with the fourth guy from the right in the first row? I carried one exactly like this for 11 months . Shot plenty of ammo through it, including a few dozen anti-personel and anti-tank grenades. Good, peaceful times those were
    Yes, I believe it was an SKS! Looked exactly like yours, bayonet and all! I owned an SKS-D for a while and got some armor piercing ammo for it! It was neat shooting the armor plate at the range with it and watching all the gunpowder residue EXPLODE from the sparks the first time you hit it . I had never seen any ammo spark off armor plate before!

My SKS:

I really loved the THUMP THUMP THUMP sound of 7.62x39, instead of the "tink tink tink" of 5.56

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 04-18-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

My SKS:
    Nice . The magazine looks detachable and bigger than the common SKS if I'm not mistaken. It looks pretty neat without the bayonet and the grenade launcher attachment/sight. Mine had an inch thick recoil pad with a trap door for the tool case in the middle. The pad was largely unnecessary as the recoil was quite mild when firing any standard ammo (I could easily fire it from the hip or holding it like a handgun) while no sane person would launch a grenade off of it from a standing position (especially not the anti-tank one which is considerably heavier). The recoil was so bad that it would snap your trigger finger off if you are not careful. The standard procedure was to plant the butt firmly on the ground, hold the front with the left hand and just feather the trigger with the tip of your extended middle finger. The blast was noisy as hell and the recoil would push the butt a foot deep into the ground - so hard that the aforementioned tool case door would end up completely packed with dirt and jammed. It was surprisingly accurate with those heavy anti-tank grenades, even though the sight was quite crude. I could easily hit the tracks at 150m and even managed to stick a few between the turret and the tank body. Oh, it's so much fun blowing things up when no one can get hurt

Nice . The magazine looks detachable and bigger than the common SKS if I'm not mistaken. It looks pretty neat without the bayonet and the grenade launcher attachment/sight. Mine had an inch thick recoil pad with a trap door for the tool case in the middle. The pad was largely unnecessary as the recoil was quite mild when firing any standard ammo (I could easily fire it from the hip or holding it like a handgun) while no sane person would launch a grenade off of it from a standing position (especially not the anti-tank one which is considerably heavier). The recoil was so bad that it would snap your trigger finger off if you are not careful. The standard procedure was to plant the butt firmly on the ground, hold the front with the left hand and just feather the trigger with the tip of your extended middle finger. The blast was noisy as hell and the recoil would push the butt a foot deep into the ground - so hard that the aforementioned tool case door would end up completely packed with dirt and jammed. It was surprisingly accurate with those heavy anti-tank grenades, even though the sight was quite crude. I could easily hit the tracks at 150m and even managed to stick a few between the turret and the tank body. Oh, it's so much fun blowing things up when no one can get hurt
    Wow, thanks for the info Yep, the -D is "detachable mag". It was able to use 30rd AK47 magazines without a problem, I think the one in the pic may be a 10rd mag (but neutered to 5 for Canada). Did the old school SKS only have a 5 round internal mag capacity as well? I also didn't find the recoil overly sharp, more like a smooth shove vs. the smack of .308/7.62x51.

I bump fired it from the hip once (thumb through the belt loop trick), emptied all 6 rounds faster than I could blink. That thing with 30 rounds full auto would be absolutely nuts!

I saw the anti tank grenade rounds online, and the "launcher" setup for the end of the gun! Seemed absolutely nuts to try and launch a greanade from the end of that thing!! Speaking of grenade recoil, I obviously wasn't able to try any REAL M203 grenade rounds so I was just shooting "Bear Bangers" mostly, and some home cooked rounds (non-explosive). One of my friends came across some "40mm stinger less lethal" rounds. Silver tubes full of "rubber buckshot", not really designed for the M203 because their casing was too long to fit in the launcher loading opening, but you could still load them by releasing the barrel catch, sliding the barrel off the gun/mount, inserting the stinger round and putting the barrel back on. My friend said he wanted me to shoot him with it, at 25 meters. I told him because I had never shot one before I wanted to test it on a watermelon first to see how "less lethal" it was. OMFG the recoil! Just about dislocated my shoulder! The watermelon exploded into just mush and the 2x4 target holder behind it was turned into toothpics! Needless to say I'd never be shooting that at a person!!! The M203 also came with a weird sight for using it with the gun stock resting on the ground, but I never figured out how it worked.

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 04-18-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^