Time to get my M

Thread: Time to get my M

Time to get my M

Hello Everyone,

I have finally made the decision to get my M licence after years of putting it off for. I bought a convertible a couple of years ago to try and compensate for it, but it still can't replicate the open air like a bike can.
    I have ridden before but that was many years ago with the first bike I rode being a Honda 50 ( the older crowd will remember it).
    Anyways, I have my M1 with my M2 course booked at Sheridan in 3 weeks so I am looking forward to riding and am happy to have found GTAM.

Re: Time to get my M

Hello there and welcome. It is true there is nothing like riding. I guess I am the older crowd as well because the first bike I rode was a 50 that one of the neighbourhood boys had. Wow seems like forever ago! LOL
    Good choice taking the course. It is a ton of important information and tips. Good luck to you.
    Ride it like you stole it.

Welcome, I took the course at Sheridan as well, you' ll have a blast and learn a few new things they're great instructors

Welcome.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Welcome, enjoy...
    ......"Nowhere is one as free as on the road with no destination in mind"

2007 Vulcan 1500 FI - Still Thrillin'
    2003 Honda Shadow Ace (sold)
    1979 Yamaha 650 Special (sold)

Welcome!!

welcome
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by danesetti View Post
    Welcome, I took the course at Sheridan as well, you' ll have a blast and learn a few new things they're great instructors
    Thanks, I was not sure what course to take but a friend agreed with you and said her experience at Sheridan was awesome as the instructos were great. Being in Oakville it made it an easy choice as I am really looking forward to getting my M2.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with the course, I did mine there many years ago, and agree the instructors are great! Cheers

I took the M2 course in late OCT 2011 it was the last session for the season. I enjoyed ever bit of it, and i learned a lot. The only bad part was that we did it in the rain in cold temperatures...

for the training sessions i recommend using their dirt bikes... not the CBR 125's... the dirt bikes are more nimble

Quote Originally Posted by CBR1000RRMATT View Post
    I took the M2 course in late OCT 2011 it was the last session for the season. I enjoyed ever bit of it, and i learned a lot. The only bad part was that we did it in the rain in cold temperatures...

for the training sessions i recommend using their dirt bikes... not the CBR 125's... the dirt bikes are more nimble
    I was trying to figure out what to use as I thought it was best to try both. Day 2 for the test should be the dirt bike then. Thanks for the insight.

They have three types:

Honda rebel

Dirt bikes

And the cbr 125...

Wanting to be cool I chose the cbr...

After befriending a instructor he moched me and told me how stupid I was to use the cbr... He recommended the dirt bikes because there easier to control at low speeds (parking lot scenarios)

Once you choose a bike on DAY1 they tell you to use that bike for the full three day course

Perfect.Thanks again.

BTW.I still cant figure out paying $3-5K a year for insurance but I guess thats because I am broke for another year or so, but I am getting ready now with my licence ..........my ex does well though.>for another year or so .lol
    Have fun with it. Cheers

Thanks. Good luck with the course. When you get you M2 and a bike, Let me know we'll go for a cruise.

Welcome to GTAM!!
    Aleks Hara - Registered Insurance Broker
    Cornerstone Insurance Brokers Ltd.

AHARA@CSIB.ORG
    T:416-798-8001 ext 311
    T:1-888-768-8001 ext 311
    F:905-264-5178

"Cornerstone - Your broker of choice - We make it simple!"