M1 to M2 60 day wait

Thread: M1 to M2 60 day wait

M1 to M2 60 day wait

My spouse started riding last year under her M1, not realizing the m2 needed to be done within the 60 days. She is now on 3rd M1. Is she required to wait the 60 days on the newest M1 or will the time be accumulative??

Thanks
    Mike

It's a new 60 days each time
    2007 Yamaha R6
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Sold

Re: M1 to M2 60 day wait

and it's not within 60 days but within 90 days...she has to wait 60 days before converting the m1 to an m2...she can take the course at any time but cannot bring the envelope in with her completion papers to a drive test centre until the 60 days are up...

Quote Originally Posted by Targis View Post
    My spouse started riding last year under her M1, not realizing the m2 needed to be done within the 60 days. She is now on 3rd M1. Is she required to wait the 60 days on the newest M1 or will the time be accumulative??

Thanks
    Mike
    No she does not, she's already waited the required 60 days with her first M1

>>No she does not, she's already waited the required 60 days with her first M1

Well...thats a fine kettle of fish!!!!

As it stands right now we will have to take a trip across half of Canada with her M1...That means no Highway, no night riding......and no booze. The booze isnt that big an issue but trying to get to the east coast with no major highways will be a long ride.

Mike

I was in the same situation, and no you don't have to wait.

I got my M2 after providing the envelope from RTI, 10days after writing 2nd M1.

Results may apparently vary at different DriveTest locations. I got mine from Downsview.
    Last edited by whetaus-tr; 04-05-2012 at 02:45 AM. Reason: added italic info
    2009 Ninja 250r (June, 2011 - present)

Quote Originally Posted by whetaus-tr View Post
    I was in the same situation, and no you don't have to wait.

I got my M2 after providing the envelope from RTI, 10days after writing M1.

Results may apparently vary at different DriveTest locations. I got mine from Downsview.
    Is that true??? Can anyone verify this??

Quote Originally Posted by Tai99 View Post
    If i remember correctly
    She will have to wait since the M2 wasn't taken\Passed

If the M2 expires then there is no waiting period
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

Just to confirm, so we are on the same page here, I got the M2 10days after my 2nd M1.
    2009 Ninja 250r (June, 2011 - present)

When I got my M1 I was told at Downsview DriveTest Centre as mentioned above that I do have to wait 60 days before I bring my envelope to get an M2. Yes, you can take the course anytime before that but only on the 61 day after getting an M1, do you come in to submit the paperwork in order for them to issue an M2.

Maybe,whetaus-tr, just got lucky or he already had his M1 and let it expire and he didn't have to wait the second time around. We'll let him answer that..

P.S. There you go, so since your wife's M1 had let M1 expire before then she should be able to get M2 now without waiting.
    Last edited by malim; 04-05-2012 at 02:43 AM.

Yes, it's true. There is only one 60 day waiting period. Once you have completed that, any subsequent M1 you may receive does not "reset the wait clock".

Same here. 1st M1 was from 2008 mid December to 2009 mid February, the second M1 was from 2009 mid February to 2009 mid May. I did the M2 exam in April, got the M2 right away when I dropped the envelope at MTO.
    Flat black '08 DL650A

It is true...The first M1 covers the 60 days...my wife booked her test this morning with no problems...Her current M1 is only 2 weeks old.
    Thanks
    Mike