What will happen if you don't pay a speeding ticket in another province or teritory??

Thread: What will happen if you don't pay a speeding ticket in another province or teritory??

What will happen if you don't pay a speeding ticket in another province or teritory??

what will happen if you don't pay a speeding ticket in another province?
    Let say you go to Montréal, get a speeding ticket and decided to never pay it. What next?

Ps: I know there’s a convention between Ontario and few provinces including Quebec and NY. But those conventions don’t include money, but only driver's license demerit points.
    Source: SAAQ (societe d'assurance automobile of Quebec)

Thanks

Re: What will happen if you don't pay a speeding ticket in another province or terito

Quote Originally Posted by zakarov View Post
    Let say you go to Montréal, get a speeding ticket and decided to never pay it. What next?

Ps: I know there’s a convention between Ontario and few provinces including Quebec and NY. But those conventions don’t include money, but only driver's license demerit points.

Thanks

Your car may be towed when you next go to Quebec? Its a good question actualy see what some of the pros say.
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

Re: What will happen if you don't pay a speeding ticket in another province or terito

Thanks
    Those agreements include demerit points, money, and suspensions for failure to pay.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...l=1#post576106
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

in Quebec, fail to pay = arrest warrant

https://servicesenligne.ville.montre...uridique.do#2e

edit: this also including parking tickets

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Will they ever suspend your license for out of province non payment?
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by iFly55 View Post
    in Quebec, fail to pay = arrest warrant

https://servicesenligne.ville.montre...uridique.do#2e

edit: this also including parking tickets
    only If they can't collect the money after reaching you. before saying they can't, I believe they have/need to try few options before issuing an arrest warrant.
    but let say, you never got any mail from the state or city Police agency?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Those agreements include demerit points, money, and suspensions for failure to pay.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...l=1#post576106
    Thanks, that was interesting.
    I'm still not convinced about the money collecting reciprocity.!!! it can be too costy to colect a 200$ fine.

You'll defnitely be convincted in absentia. How that affects you in Ontario I don't know but, considering this is within Canada, I would treat it as I would a local ticket.

Thanks, that was interesting.
    I'm still not convinced about the money collecting reciprocity.!!! it can be too costy to colect a 200$ fine.
    Why do you think that? It's all spelt out and the exchanges can be handled electronically. All that they have to do is flag your driver's license and plates, for non payment, and deny you a renewal next time you go in. Their net cost to enforce is virtually nil, over and above normal procedure.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Why do you think that? It's all spelt out and the exchanges can be handled electronically. All that they have to do is flag your driver's license and plates, for non payment, and deny you a renewal next time you go in. Their net cost to enforce is virtually nil, over and above normal procedure.
    I know a case of a close person that never paid her Quebec ticket of 385$ 149 on a 100 zone. She got her 4 demerit points off and back (2 years later) without paying any cent. Weird?, yes it is! That’s why I wasn’t and am not convinced about the money but only points.
    Another question: for how long they can keep track of your bill?

I know a case of a close person that never paid her Quebec ticket of 385$ 149 on a 100 zone. She got her 4 demerit points off and back (2 years later) without paying any cent. Weird?, yes it is! That’s why I wasn’t and am not convinced about the money but only points.
    Another question: for how long they can keep track of your bill?
    They have the ability to request remission. That doesn't meant hey always do.

For as long as they can track local bills; virtually forever.

There was an article about this at lcn.canoe.ca a few weeks ago saying that it was more expensive for cities to search for us than just let the guy go without paying his ticket. If I ever get a ticket in Québec I'll try it and tell you my experience
    Hercule CC130 J Support our troop by air

Pilot without technician are just walker with cool jacket and sunglasse

RACING Because football, baseball, bowling and golf only require ONE BALL

Exclamation Re: What will happen if you don't pay a speeding ticket in another province or terito

nvm
    Last edited by matt123; 04-06-2012 at 09:01 PM.