GTAM - help a family dealing with MS

Thread: GTAM - help a family dealing with MS

Red face GTAM - help a family dealing with MS

Dear GTAM,

My family is currently sponsoring a family who's father/husband is dealing with MS. They reside in Poland and because of the level of care req'd to tend to the husband, the wife does not work. They are poor, and we try to help them out as best as possible.

The request: the best way for the man to communicate is using a laptop. So - if you have an old laptop that you are no longer using, would you be willing to donate it? I already gave the family mine, it was a year 2000 Toshiba, still worked fine for getting on the net and basics. They ended up giving that laptop to the daughter of the family for school so another one for the father would be great.

We'd be willing to even pay up to 100 dollars for your used, working laptop. As long as it can get on the internet (wifi capable) and works fine, it's a go. The battery doesn't have to work, as long as the power supply can meet 220 - 240V (most laptops come standard with that).

That's it! I can come pick up the laptop from you, and you can feel GOOD about helping out a family in need.

Cheers,

Luke.
    '05 Z1000

Re: GTAM - help a family dealing with MS

No clunky old laptops to give away?
    '05 Z1000

Peterborough, or just where ever the road takes me

Re: GTAM - help a family dealing with MS

Sorry, using mine for school, otherwise I'd help out.
    Not wearing gear while riding is like unprotected sex. Sooner or later you're going to get a rash!