Speeding ticket -.- - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speeding ticket -.-

Re: Speeding ticket -.-

Haha alright thanks for all the help guys, prolly gonna just throw it away cuz he's not even a loo student bahahaha hes at laurier so all is good!
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Bweixz View Post
    Haha alright thanks for all the help guys, prolly gonna just throw it away cuz he's not even a loo student bahahaha hes at laurier so all is good!
    Well if it has any sticking power he will find out when he goes to renew his licences Though i doubt it will
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

because they have his driver's license

they could send it to collection, if he fails to pay; which would affect his credit rating

Quote Originally Posted by iFly55 View Post
    because they have his driver's license

they could send it to collection, if he fails to pay; which would affect his credit rating
    Didnt think of that. Might be worth just to pay.
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

U of W roads are private.

I'm not sure if they take there unpaid fines to the collection agency's but I do know the plate # is flagged and if the kid with the ticket book recognizes the plate # or car.... It gets towed immediately. If the car is registered with the university then you don't graduate until all fines are paid.
    I'll find out later today to see if they get the collection agency's involved.

If not just toss the ticket and be Cautious about parking on their property with a risk of being towed.

I rack up tickets for a 3 month period at a time, until my parking pass is expired. Gots to pay em off so that I can get a valid pass again. That's part of the game here.
    In my trade it's sometimes necessary to park closest to the bldg I'm working in. If its a valid parking spot or up on the sidewalk these kids have no idea why your there. They are just doing their job.

How do they know he was doing 55 in a 40? lol. Campus police runnin radar guns now???

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    How do they know he was doing 55 in a 40? lol. Campus police runnin radar guns now???

-Jamie M.
    He could have been following him. While not accurate, it would show he was speeding.

it's not like he can dispute the ticket in court, uWaterloo is judge & jury

for all we know Campus Police eye-balled it, and maybe they can only issue tickets for 15 over

i wonder what they do for 50 over

Quote Originally Posted by Nixel View Post
    He could have been following him. While not accurate, it would show he was speeding.
    Ahh yes, forgot about pacing

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

They pretty much do the same thing at York. They just don't allow you to graduate if you have fines(fees) owed.
    The thing is that I have friends that have graduated from York with over $1000 of parking tickets on their car. Why? The car was "borrowed" and was not registered to his residence. I heard that they tow your car if you owe over a certain amount though.

The only difference though is that there are Toronto or York Region police patrolling and handing out tickets for speeding and stop signs. Don't think campus security enforces speed unless you're doing something stupid.

For people at York: Ever wonder why almost every car has a ticket on it at all the meters and a lot of the times its the same people?
    Last edited by PLau; 04-04-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post

-Jamie M.
    Indeed they do! I'll snap a pic next time I roll by one.

So U of W does not take unpaid tickets to the collection agency. For companies they will send an invoice. For students they put a hold on your account obviously if the plate is registered with them.

For cars that are not registered just throw the ticket out