Dangerous driving! *HELP*

Thread: Dangerous driving! *HELP*

Dangerous driving! *HELP*

Hello all,

I've been out of the loop some time now and want to get back on the metal horse. Problem.

Thing is, I got charged with dangerous driving two years back in an auto (car) incident.

-conditional discharge
    -2 year license suspension
    -2 probation

I don't know when I get my license back. it should be some time this month. (how will I find out when i get it back?)
    Will my insurance be affected? even tho it was a conditional discharge?

Im excited to ride with you boys again!

Thank you in advance for any help provided

FZ750

Re: Dangerous driving! *HELP*

According to wikipedia, no as technically it turns in to "no conviction"

A discharge is a type of sentence where no punishment is imposed. An absolute discharge is unconditional: the defendant is not punished, and the case is over. In some jurisdictions, an absolute discharge means there is no conviction despite a finding that the defendant is guilty. A conditional discharge is a sentence passed by a court whereby the defendant is not punished, provided they comply with certain conditions. After these conditions are met, the discharge becomes absolute. If the conditions are not met, the defendant is re-sentenced.

Regardless of the conditional discharge, the suspension is going to be a hit on your insurance. A BIG one.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Call the MTO...
    Last edited by geoff-9; 04-17-2012 at 08:27 PM.

The discharge just means no criminal record. License suspension will still show up and will haunt you for the next however many years. This is one of those spots where fishing for cheaper insurance across Canada is worthwhile. Just to have the slip is what counts, right?

1) Get a 5 year driving abstract. Information: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dan...r/record.shtml, and find out when it "falls off your record".

Also find out from the Police if you have a criminal record or an arrest on your record and do not lie to the US border patrol folks, or they could bar you from entering the country permanently. You really need to be careful with this one...

2) Get insurance quotes for your bike, and also for older bikes, like 1980 CB750's or 1995 sport bikes, DO NOT LIE TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY.

3) Figure out what you can afford, then get a bike that's low on insurance, and you're done!

4) Don't get any more dangerous driving tickets!