Crap lawyers in a torte case...

Thread: Crap lawyers in a torte case...

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crap lawyers in a torte case...

Hey Everyone,

In Dec 2010 I was involved in a collision. We were on a rural highway near Beaverton (Glenarm) traveling 80km/h when this guy ran his stop sign and WACK we broadsided him. I had absolutely no time to brake, swerve or do anything evasive. My car Flipped right over his, and came to rest upside down in a ditch. My wife and I suffered many many broken bones, torn tendans, ligaments etc. which left us basically bed ridden for two months. Thankfully my 5 year old was totally saved by his car seat.

Anyway, I was referred to this law firm PLZ law. They told us we would not have to pay for anything up front but they take 30% of our settlement. Fine.
    As we were bedridden at first, we needed help in our home with childcare, housekeeping etc. The lawyers said this would all be covered, no problem. We hired people to help and payed them wages from a line of credit until that was exhausted, then we signed papers promising to pay them when we were given the money from insurance, but we stopped accepting in home help after 3 months because we had not been re-embersed yet. We waited 6 months before we got cheques which was a really long wait considering we were broke as a result of this car crash.

Finally we got money, something like 23K. Barely enough to cover our debts. Well immediately The lawyers office wants like 4K out of these payments. I was dumbfoundedand and have yet to pay them.

Now they are sending us collection letters and stuff like that.
    I do not think they have done a very good job because they did not get us money in ample time to continue the home care, if it came within 3 months we could have continued with the assistance, whithout which was a bit of a struggle.

Now I don't even want to communicate with our lawyers as the first thing that comes up in any correspondence is their money and when is it going to be paid...
    I dont have it to give to them, and why would they even be bothered with it now as our case must be at mininum a six figure one.

I dont know if I can fire them as we signed a hundred documents, and Im not sure if my next chouce of representation will be any better.

Has anybody here been involved in a crash who had a lawyer(s) who did a great job throughout the entire process?

Does anybody know if I can change lawyers at this point without being penalized too much?

I apoligize for venting, but I really don't know what to do.
    How do I find a good Lawyer, that will fight for us. I think we deserve better..

Any comments are appreciated.
    Last edited by krrakt; 04-11-2012 at 12:29 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alex