Frustrated with Quotes - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Quotes

Re: Frustrated with Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Berreta View Post
    Yes I realize that. But they're never going to find out.

Yes they will never find out until you need them and then you get charged with insurance fraud and the little bit you saved has to pay for your repairs when they cancel your claim and put an insurance fraud flag on your record.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by JZ67 View Post
    Are you riding without insurance?

OP, try TD Insurance and try an online quote first here.
    I'm not riding. I'm getting insurance for my bike in 2 months (after I turn 21 in may). Got my bike a year ago and found out you need to be either 21 or have M1 for a full year. Didn't have either.

Good luck with that.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

OP, did you try TD Molloche Monnex? You might get a discount because you're a student. They do 12 payments too, so that can ease the burden

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Well I'm sure HE'S an expert in insurance... Sigh.. If you give a false address and your insurance company finds out you lied, that's called insurance fraud.
    They match your drivers license and the address on it, to what you tell them and if it don't match, they will use the one from your DL, every now days is computerized and interconnected, they will find out, and know about
    2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    1983 Suzuki GS750E - Rebuild Project

Yea people get charged with this type of fraud all the time. List the posted above me said they match your drivers abstract info when they run your initial check. Even if that does not have the address on it and you manage to get insurance with the fake address you will have a Drivers licenses and insurance documents without matching addresses. If you get pulled over that’s a fine they HAVE to match and that’s when you will get caught

So yea you might get away with it but most likely you won’t even be able to do it and if you can your risking some massive financial penalties not to mention being flagged for fraud.
    "Where we're going we don't need roads"
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Oh so we do need roads?"
    "Yea...."

SOLD for restoration - 83 Honda VT250FE
    2001 Katana 600

Quote Originally Posted by Two50noob View Post
    Yea people get charged with this type of fraud all the time. List the posted above me said they match your drivers abstract info when they run your initial check. Even if that does not have the address on it and you manage to get insurance with the fake address you will have a Drivers licenses and insurance documents without matching addresses. If you get pulled over that’s a fine they HAVE to match and that’s when you will get caught

So yea you might get away with it but most likely you won’t even be able to do it and if you can your risking some massive financial penalties not to mention being flagged for fraud.
    To quote an insurance broker from another thread

"you want ownership, driver's licence, and insurance slips all to match for address. Simply tell your company where the bike is garaged, and they will override the postal code in the policy, thereby rating it for the correct location. With some motorcycle companies, they only distinguish between rural and urban areas - so it makes sense that North York and Thornhill are the same price. Auto insurance is a whole other story... I've had clients move down the street and premiums jumped or dropped significantly! Always call broker/company ahead of moving when dealing with car insurance - It might influence where you move if your auto insurance is a big chunk of your monthly budget."

You can however Garage your bike at a different location. However if you lie about were you store it .. Still insruance fraud.
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Yea...."

2001 Katana 600

I have worked in insurance claims for about 3-4 years (now doing sales) and can tell you without doubt, that we can find out if you are trying to fix your insurance. With the internet, there are many ways to confirm information and many ways of asking questions without it looking like we are to catch you on something. Remember that you decide to lie to your insurance company you have to keep all your storiess straight. They document every call you make and keep all documents you send to them. Very few people get away with it.

Also I would not take insurance advice from your driving instructer, police or anyone else. When you are sick do you ask your real estate agent what to do?? no you ask the person who knows. Same with insurance.

hmm i reside at waterloo and thornhill but i just told them to put down my waterloo address. I am living back and forth for 4 month periods, am i supposed to notify them every 4 months my address is changing . . . since i will be bringing my bike back and forth.
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Bweixz View Post
    hmm i reside at waterloo and thornhill but i just told them to put down my waterloo address. I am living back and forth for 4 month periods, am i supposed to notify them every 4 months my address is changing . . . since i will be bringing my bike back and forth.
    I would say it would come down to were it is the MOST but its a question for your insurance people and they might want to to default to were your address is.. IE on your drivers permit
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Yea...."

2001 Katana 600

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleThrow View Post
    Great idea until you get caught.
    Agreed. I'm moving to Toronto and my insurance is going to go up by over $400 per year. All my friends keep telling me to just leave it as my parents' address but I don't want to risk having my coverage dropped in the event of an accident.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey McNeely View Post
    I have worked in insurance claims for about 3-4 years (now doing sales) and can tell you without doubt, that we can find out if you are trying to fix your insurance. With the internet, there are many ways to confirm information and many ways of asking questions without it looking like we are to catch you on something. Remember that you decide to lie to your insurance company you have to keep all your storiess straight. They document every call you make and keep all documents you send to them. Very few people get away with it.

Also I would not take insurance advice from your driving instructer, police or anyone else. When you are sick do you ask your real estate agent what to do?? no you ask the person who knows. Same with insurance.
    If I Change my License info
    and my Mailing address with the Post office

Please tell me how you can "without doubt" know I'm not actually staying at a Friends house When not at home
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey McNeely View Post
    The cops are the worst. They always act like they know what they're talking about, too. Any time I've been in an accident that the cops got called to they told the people involved completely incorrect information.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi-Roku View Post
    If I Change my License info
    and my Mailing address with the Post office

Please tell me how you can "without doubt" know I'm not actually staying at a Friends house When not at home
    If you have absolutely no bills under your name it would be hard to prove.
    Will you be claiming on your taxes that you live at the address of your insurance?
    Do you not pay rent, mortgage?
    They would wonder why you are paying Hydro, Rent, TV, Phone etc for a place you "don't live at" if you have any bills under your name?
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    If you have absolutely no bills under your name it would be hard to prove.
    Will you be claiming on your taxes that you live at the address of your insurance?
    Do you not pay rent, mortgage?
    They would wonder why you are paying Hydro, Rent, TV, Phone etc for a place you "don't live at" if you have any bills under your name?
    This. You seem to be under the impression you cant get caught. Will you? Probably not... Can you ? Absolutly? If you do are u willing to pay the financialy burden that will be put upon you? Risk VS reward
    "Where are we going?"
    "Brantford!"
    "Yea...."

2001 Katana 600

You would also be surprised how many people leave wonderful bits of information on their MySpace, Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter accounts. Also people don't usually care to send their 10,000 cheque to a friends house. You get into an accident, do you think your mind is not preaccompied with the accident or theft that you can keep up with your lies?

state farms rate with just the bike will be your best bet. similar to the ninja 250 rate, $1100/yr

call sandy mckenzie state farm google...talk to heather
    but its our job to end this and ride motorcycles like men...today's society is soft as hell. but riding a 600cc is the least you can do...

Imperialengravers.com --------------
    ------------------------------------
    ---------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by 03gixxer View Post
    if you have any friends that go to school outside the city or family that live outside the city, like london, waterloo, hamilton... change your address to that address and their will save you some money. If i do decide to do that, my quote will go down to $3000 a year almost.

I know another friend thats quoted 400$ a month for his address in toronto but $300 a month using his address in waterloo

this might help you save a bit... hope it helps!
    That is insurance fraud.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by Bweixz View Post
    Where is the bike garaged the most during the riding season? That is the address you should use.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Girl View Post
    I have been talking to brokers and comapnies all morning, and all of them have been very unhelpful. I am starting to get very disheartened. I am getting quotes from $3800-$4500 All I want to do is insure my bike, so I can ride.

Anyone know of a insurance company, broker or agent that is easy to deal with and would give me a cheap quote and insurance. Maybe one that gives discounts?

My Stats,

I am 21 years old. I am a female. I have had my Full G for about 5 years. I have no tickets, but 2 parking lot accidents in the last 10 years both were partial fault. I am a student and I work for a company with a union. I just got my m2 license last week. I am trying to insure a Honda Cbr250.

Any help is appreciated.
    How many at-faults (partial or otherwise) have you have in the last SIX years? If both your claims were in the last six years, you are going to have a heck of a time finding affordable insurance. Even if just one was in the last six years, it will be tough. You are young, so two at-faults on your record is a really big deal.