Frustrated with Quotes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with Quotes

Frustrated with Quotes

I have been talking to brokers and comapnies all morning, and all of them have been very unhelpful. I am starting to get very disheartened. I am getting quotes from $3800-$4500 All I want to do is insure my bike, so I can ride.

Anyone know of a insurance company, broker or agent that is easy to deal with and would give me a cheap quote and insurance. Maybe one that gives discounts?

My Stats,

I am 21 years old. I am a female. I have had my Full G for about 5 years. I have no tickets, but 2 parking lot accidents in the last 10 years both were partial fault. I am a student and I work for a company with a union. I just got my m2 license last week. I am trying to insure a Honda Cbr250.

Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Sig_Girl; 04-03-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Re: Frustrated with Quotes

Call John Duffy insurance. Your most likely looking at Jevco or TD

If you have a car go with statefarm. You may qualify with your driving experience but the accidents don't help you case

Also having your m2 for a year helps I payed out my *** in the first season and a half, but after my insurance dropped over a 1/3rd of the price. You gotta bite the bullet and pay the big bucks in the beginning or wait until this time next year. I am 23 so I know your pain. Insurance companies don't make it easy on us youngin's
    Last edited by ThrottleThrow; 04-03-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600 Black (ZX6R)
    2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 Silver (SOLD)
    2007 Suzuki SV650 "R" (SOLD)
    2004 Suzuki GSX600 Katana (SOLD)
    2001 Kawasaki ZZR250 Ninja (SOLD)

If those accidents were 6 years ago, you should be in the clear.

Did you try with State Farm? A lot of newer riders go with State Farm as they are the cheapest. You're young with no experience which is why insurance companies are hesitant to insure you or give you ridiculous prices.

I'm 31, no tickets or accidents, but because I live in Mississauga, I pay $90/month for my VFR800 for full coverage, all perils, 2mil liability.

What kind of quotes are you getting?
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

I am getting quotes from $3800-$4500

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Girl View Post
    Holy bananas Batman!

Try State Farm.. unfortunately, you don't really have many options.
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

The one statefarm agent I talked to said he won't insure me because of my 2 accidents.

I feel so dissapointed, I really want to start riding.

wow crazy good luck..........

3800 for a cbr250 is a lot... im 21 with clean record and im quoted 3500 $ a year for my 2003 gsxr600. I'm guessing its cause of your accidents why your rates are so high...
    if you have any friends that go to school outside the city or family that live outside the city, like london, waterloo, hamilton... change your address to that address and their will save you some money. If i do decide to do that, my quote will go down to $3000 a year almost.

I know another friend thats quoted 400$ a month for his address in toronto but $300 a month using his address in waterloo

this might help you save a bit... hope it helps!

Great idea until you get caught.
    2008 Kawasaki ZZR600 Black (ZX6R)
    2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 Silver (SOLD)
    2007 Suzuki SV650 "R" (SOLD)
    2004 Suzuki GSX600 Katana (SOLD)
    2001 Kawasaki ZZR250 Ninja (SOLD)

21 with 2 accidents within 5-10 years (when did you start driving?) M2 license for 1 week.... Sounds about right...
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

I have been talking to brokers and comapnies all morning, and all of them have been very unhelpful. I am starting to get very disheartened. I am getting quotes from $3800-$4500 All I want to do is insure my bike, so I can ride.

Anyone know of a insurance company, broker or agent that is easy to deal with and would give me a cheap quote and insurance. Maybe one that gives discounts?

My Stats,

I am 21 years old. I am a female. I have had my Full G for about 5 years. I have no tickets, but 2 parking lot accidents in the last 10 years both were partial fault. I am a student and I work for a company with a union. I just got my m2 license last week. I am trying to insure a Honda Cbr250.

Any help is appreciated.
    That is probably the best you are going to get and with your record you should probably be happy to get those lol.

The good:
    Only a 250cc.

The bad:
    You have actually had your full G for around 3 years not 5.
    You were in 2 accidents that insurance will look at your fault. (>25% at fault = at fault)
    You under 25.
    You have had your license for less then a year.

If I were you I would sit on my license for at least a year and try again.
    If not try for a 125, If not that is probably the best you will see.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

I would be careful about the addresses that you give to the company. I would not be suprised if they make sure that all the info you give them adds up, before processing your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasted View Post
    You need to make sure that if you get pulled over, your license, ownership, and insurance all have the same address. Your insurance company should be able to do this for you so that you're legal under the hta and paying the appropriate rates for the risk address.
    My bike: 82' Yamaha XS400R DOHC
    Happy 30th year!

Madness I say madness is what the insurance industry is. I feel your pain trying to get car insurance with no history.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    If those accidents were 6 years ago, you should be in the clear.
    I'm 31, no tickets or accidents, but because I live in Mississauga, I pay $90/month for my VFR800 for full coverage, all perils, 2mil liability.
    sorry im a newbie too. what did you mean when you said 'full coverage'? when i went for quotes all i was given was:

liability
    collision (deductible)
    comprehensive or specified perils (deductible)

does full coverage mean collision + comprehensive/specified + liability? or are there more? thanks.

My Stats,

Any help is appreciated.
    Have you been riding since you were 11?

Try calling around some more, just because 1 state farm agent doesnt go with you, doesnt mean none of them will.

wtf cant delete post

Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleThrow View Post
    Great idea until you get caught.
    You will never get caught doing this. I was told to do this by my driving instructor.

I don't actually do it myself. I don't even have insurance for my bike yet, nor any friends that live in those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Berreta View Post
    You will never get caught doing this. I was told to do this by my driving instructor.
    Well I'm sure HE'S an expert in insurance... Sigh.. If you give a false address and your insurance company finds out you lied, that's called insurance fraud.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Well I'm sure HE'S an expert in insurance... Sigh.. If you give a false address and your insurance company finds out you lied, that's called insurance fraud.
    Yes I realize that. But they're never going to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Berreta View Post
    I don't even have insurance for my bike yet, nor any friends that live in those areas.
    Are you riding without insurance?

OP, try TD Insurance and try an online quote first here.