Retaking the M1 exit test

Thread: Retaking the M1 exit test

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Retaking the M1 exit test

Hi all,

Thanks for your help! I'm going to give a call to some of the other training schools and see if I can get a bit of practice this weekend, then retake the test at Centennial.
    Serialize, you know exactly which points I was having trouble with! Low-speed handling and using the friction point to get around tight corners, and keeping your eyes up. Probably the two most valuable lessons of the course.

Al

I'm taking the training course next weekend, can anyone tell me what the different tests are and the time allowed ?

I could - but it'll only make you concentrate on the wrong things.

Eyes up. Get smooth with the clutch, throttle and brakes. Close your mouth and open your ears (didn't mean that in a STFU way, just be willing to learn).

You'll do fine. Remember - We all weren't great drivers on out 2nd/3rd day behind a wheel, so allow yourself the grace to learn a new skill in riding a m/c.

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Close your mouth.
    ha ha! A lot of people can't drive their cars with their mouth closed. Take a close look at some of those people making left turns.
    2010 Street Triple R
    2007 ZZR600

I took the test at Centennial last summer and passed 1st try but i am pretty sure you are given 1 free retest as well as few hours and one of their bikes to practice the following sunday. Unless it has changed.. but i recall them saying that to a few people in our class who failed

Hi guys,

Thanks for the response Johnny. Unfortunately the re-test is on Saturdays and costs $50. I'm not going to be able to take the test at Centennial again because my Saturdays are packed with work. So I guess I'm going to have to take the test at the MTO. I called other riding schools but they won't let you take the test with them unless you register for their entire course. But the problem is I don't own my own bike yet, I'm going to be looking at 3 or 4 CBR 125's this coming Sunday but I'm not sure how long it'll take to buy, safety, insure, and register/plate a bike. Can it be done in 2 weeks? On top of all that, my M1 expires on May 2 so if I don't pass the M2 test by then I have to start all over.
    Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by HA10 View Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the response Johnny. Unfortunately the re-test is on Saturdays and costs $50. I'm not going to be able to take the test at Centennial again because my Saturdays are packed with work. So I guess I'm going to have to take the test at the MTO. I called other riding schools but they won't let you take the test with them unless you register for their entire course. But the problem is I don't own my own bike yet, I'm going to be looking at 3 or 4 CBR 125's this coming Sunday but I'm not sure how long it'll take to buy, safety, insure, and register/plate a bike. Can it be done in 2 weeks? On top of all that, my M1 expires on May 2 so if I don't pass the M2 test by then I have to start all over.
    Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Al
    You'll do fine. Good luck but if worse comes to worst you don't have to start all over. You would still probably have to write the test again, but that 60 waiting period doesn't apply so you can book the test right away. This came up last week and it was confirmed that if you do go for M1 the second time around you don't have to wait another 60 days.

Best of luck.