cbr250 engine shuts off randomly when clutch pulled in

Thread: cbr250 engine shuts off randomly when clutch pulled in

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: cbr250 engine shuts off randomly when clutch pulled in

Quote Originally Posted by UJelly View Post
    Hey op tried to replicate the problem with every gear and couldnt get the bike to shut off while coasting and holding the clutch. I did the clutch in and let go of the throttle at the same time with low and high revs and couldnt shut the bike down.

How many km do you have on the bike?
    Cool thanks for trying.

I've got only almost 100km on it now. Just got it Saturday afternoon. I took it down to the EX after work to experiment a bit on the empty roads there. I'd ridden it home from work just then so it wasn't cold. I managed to do it first try, then only about 2 more times in about 10 attempts after that, then couldn't do it again after about a dozen tries. I did manage to do it both going from 3rd to 2nd and from 4th to 3rd. Then I booted to the grocery store and back home again and it happened just as I was coasting into my underground spot with no shift.

It seems to be getting harder to pull off; if it happens again on the road without me trying to do it on purpose I'll head to the dealer pho sho. Maybe it did just need some breaking in like some folks said on that cbr forum.

Still, if anyone else out there has this occurring to them, I'm happy to hear your comments. I don't think it should happen as many that commented before said they've never seen it happen on any bikes that didn't actually have a problem.

I'll keep you posted here if I do have any more trouble and see how the dealer handles the situation as well.
    Last edited by eljay; 04-02-2012 at 08:38 PM.