Okay, some of you know but most of you newer members have no idea that I've worked in various shops around the GTA. So yeah, i may sound a little biased but I'm just generally curious if the people who do this actually realize how douchebaggey like it is to go to your local shop and spend hours with one of the staff there trying on a million helmets, jackets, gloves, boots, etc. fully knowing that you are going to buy all that **** online anyways. Not to mention poring over all the catalogs and checking stock and prices online for you.

It's been happening for years and I guess it will always happen. People complain that they can buy certain products online for much cheaper than you can add a shop. I will not dispute that certain items are much cheaper online. will the online website spend hours and hours with you making sure that everything is a correct fit? Will the online retailer actually give you advice that may save your life someday? Will the online retailer be there when there something wrong and you need to change something that very day?

Just some food for thought here. I'm all for saving a buck when possible, but I'm also willing to pay for good service when it is valid. I am not saying that you should buy every single item knowing that you're getting gouged, I'm just saying sometimes it's okay to pay a little bit more for something because the service is good.

Anyways, I'm done ranting. I'm just wondering if the people who do this realize how uncool it can be. and for the ones to actually understand that supporting your local shop actually keeps pricing down in a long run, I salute you.