CBR 125 vs Ninja 250 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CBR 125 vs Ninja 250

Re: CBR 125 vs Ninja 250

insurance wise, give Statefarm a call, i was only paying 2100 last year statefarm, 1st year rider, 22 yrs old, full coverage 500 deductible.
    for a 2010 250 ninja

TD on the otherhand wanted to rape me lol
    2004 Blue GSXR 600 (current)
    2010 red ninja 250r (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero View Post
    Well I just gotmy m2 from learning curves, and I got to try out a CBR125 and it was better thanI expected. Even if it was a bit small, I like how it felt and drove. So I maypick one up sometime this year. Also today my buddy let me take his bike outfor a ride (he has a 2004 v star 650) and it was very fun and comfortable toride, so my question is what would be the differences in price to insure aCBR125 compared to something like a v star 250 or a Honda rebel 250(also if you guys also have any other bikes you would like recommend that would be great).
    Thank you
    I know the CBR 125s very well (as I'm one of the instructors at LC) and, as you know, there are a couple of the Ninja 250's there as well. The 250 is a great bike. It's a little bigger, a little heavier, but it feels more like a real bike then the 125. As mentioned in this post, if you want to ride the highways or any of the northern twisties like the 503 (and you WANT to ride these roads) then you really want to do what you can to get the 250.

As for cruisers, and I'm cruiser rider myself, you have to go at least 650. Engines are just tuned differently so they really want a bigger cc to move.

Depending on insurance costs, another option is nto look at some older bikes (pre '95 ish?). Check with your insurance company but it's a little cheaper if you stay behind a certain age as well. Look at some old 600's. You can get them pretty cheap and insurance might not be too bad.

Good luck and don't forget to check with the insurance company before you make you final decision.
    -------------------
    '86 Virago XV700CS (in pieces)
    '85 Virago XV1000

i started with cbr 125 and now upgraded to ninja 250. and maybe after my M, go for gixxer 600cc.

i recommend you to start with ninja 250, then jump higher cc models. this is usually the norm...
    Know Yourself and Follow Your Dream, Nothing Is Impossible. You Have a Dream, You Go Get It .

CBR250 is fuel injected, and makes more low end torque. If you can find one you might consider it

I went from the 125 to the CBR250R this season...fantastic improvement...I'm glad that I started on the 125 but if you're comfortable the 250 is WAY better...especially on the highway. If I was only riding within the city then I would've just stuck with the 125 simply for cost savings.

2011 CBR250R
    2008 CBR125R (Enjoyed...sold...not forgotten)

Technically, the CBR250 is a better bike - Better starting and probably better fuel economy; but it's a WAY different bike then the Ninja. I love the feel of the Ninja, and hate the CBR250. The CBR is a wider bike/seat and, for me, makes it uncomfortable. Ride the both if you decide to go that with a 250 and see what you prefer.
    -------------------
    '86 Virago XV700CS (in pieces)
    '85 Virago XV1000

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero View Post
    Well I just gotmy m2 from learning curves, and I got to try out a CBR125 and it was better thanI expected. Even if it was a bit small, I like how it felt and drove. So I maypick one up sometime this year. Also today my buddy let me take his bike outfor a ride (he has a 2004 v star 650) and it was very fun and comfortable toride, so my question is what would be the differences in price to insure aCBR125 compared to something like a v star 250 or a Honda rebel 250(also if you guys also have any other bikes you would like recommend that would be great).
    Thank you
    If cruiser is your ultimate direction, perhaps the Suzuki TU250

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...orcycle-review

82 mpg and fuel injected.

So i got a 1987 KLR 250, I plan I riding it for a season or two and then get a ninja 250 and TD is going to insure me.

Quote Originally Posted by absolute View Post
    insurance wise, give Statefarm a call, i was only paying 2100 last year statefarm, 1st year rider, 22 yrs old, full coverage 500 deductible.
    for a 2010 250 ninja

TD on the otherhand wanted to rape me lol
    I need your agent. I'm looking for the identical bike, identical age, and just got my M1...Hoping to hear back from State Farm Monday. Quoted $3700 for full coverage from Riders Plus I think. Certainly not paying the bikes value for one year of riding.

Quote Originally Posted by TamasK View Post
    I need your agent. I'm looking for the identical bike, identical age, and just got my M1...Hoping to hear back from State Farm Monday. Quoted $3700 for full coverage from Riders Plus I think. Certainly not paying the bikes value for one year of riding.
    call a couple of different statefarm brokers, they say they give the same quotes but I have been quoted 2800 from one broker 1800 from another, I went with that, it comes to about 150 a month + 8 a month for fire and theft. and recently I went with my friend to his broker and she quoted my friend 70 a month he has a car with state farm though and the broker told him if it was just the motorcycle and no cars 90/month. But once you go with one broker they will not let you switch at statefarm.

I just got a 2009 Ninja 250, pretty good bike to learn with. I've been on the 600s, and I can say that the 250 actually gives you a better feel for the curves, albiet losing out with the acceleration. Also, with the 125 vs. 250 for me, I took weight into consideration as well since the 125's accel was pretty sad.

Was quoted for $60/mth with statefarm, with 2 tickets.