Traffic ticket and Insurance Dates

Thread: Traffic ticket and Insurance Dates

Traffic ticket and Insurance Dates

Here's the story,

I got a speeding ticket almost a few years back, about the time I moved out west. I never fought it and simply forgot all about it. While I was out west, I was convicted by default, and then my Ontario licence (if i still had it) was suspended due to the unpaid fine. When I moved back to Ontario, upon swapping my BC licence back over, they reminded me of what happened. I paid the fine, paid the re-instatement fee, and all was well again. Apparently, the conviction was entered about 2 months after the ticket date. The date I paid the fine was roughly 3 years after the offence date.

A I understand it, an insurance company will count the ticket from the date of conviction. But my question is, do they use the actually date that they would have entered the conviction, or the date that I paid the fine?

I hope that makes sense.

Re: Traffic ticket and Insurance Dates

The date of conviction, but that isn't your biggest worry. I would say that's the suspension, that has been entered on your record.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Well, my insurance guy said that the suspension isn't a big issue, because it was administrative. What confused me is that he wants to count the ticket, saying that he goes by the date of payment, as that is when you're "actually guilty". That's the term he used. I'm hoping that he is just mistaken, but I found it odd he could even see the payment date.

bump for more info

Quote Originally Posted by foggy17 View Post
    Well, my insurance guy said that the suspension isn't a big issue, because it was administrative. What confused me is that he wants to count the ticket, saying that he goes by the date of payment, as that is when you're "actually guilty". That's the term he used. I'm hoping that he is just mistaken, but I found it odd he could even see the payment date.
    If it is the same as criminal, Then your insurance guy is correct and it goes by the date it was paid off.
    I found that out the hard way when I went to get a pardon and had a $100 fine from 10 years ago and was told I had to pay it then wait another 3 years before re-applying.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by foggy17 View Post
    Go to one of the MTO kiosks in the mall and print out your drivers abstract.

I'm 99.3% sure it goes by the date you were convicted, not when you paid the fine.

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Go to one of the MTO kiosks in the mall and print out your drivers abstract.

I'm 99.3% sure it goes by the date you were convicted, not when you paid the fine.

-Jamie M.
    I think I'm just gonna go do that. I just hope they aren't looking at some sort of different info.