Need Help!! Any insurance for a 17 year old male on a 250?

Thread: Need Help!! Any insurance for a 17 year old male on a 250?

Need Help!! Any insurance for a 17 year old male on a 250?

Ok so before i even bought my bike (hyosung gt250r) i searched around to see if anyone would even insure me on the thing, after days of searching i found one place that said they would, i got a quote and everything they were all ready i just had to give them my banking info. I went to register my bike today and they said to get the plates i needed insurance, so i called to activate the insurance and right when i gave them all my info and they were about to activate it they said i needed to be 25 or over. then said sorry and hung up. Now im stuck with 4 grand already into this bike and equipement with no way of registering this bike or being able to drive it legally. From your guys experience is there any company that will insure a 17 year old male on a 250 sport bike? i did the text thing and i got jevco but no one is answering. I need to get my bike on the roads by wednesday latest (family is going on vacation and i have no method of transportation)

*btw im 17, have had my m1/g1 since march 29 2011 and m2 with MSF since juin 19th 2011.

thanks again!

Re: Need Help!! Any insurance for a 17 year old male on a 250?

i thought JEVCO would insur if you've had your M1 for over a year

or you're over 21

Seems like you didn't do enough planning into your new hobby. Shouldhv'e callied around to see if you could get insurance before getting everything. Then you would know which options you had, and would not be in this situation. Yeah, brokers usually go home to have dinner at this time, so no one would answer. Make a list of possible brokers that you could call: TD, Jevco, find all the companies in the stickies, get up at 9am on Monday and start dialing like no tomorrow.

Sorry to hear what happened, what a newb broker.
    Last edited by ShaqX7; 03-30-2012 at 10:34 PM.

You got 1 year since your M1 - You should be ok with Jevco or maybe even TD.
    Aleks Hara - Registered Insurance Broker
    Cornerstone Insurance Brokers Ltd.

AHARA@CSIB.ORG
    T:416-798-8001 ext 311
    T:1-888-768-8001 ext 311
    F:905-264-5178

"Cornerstone - Your broker of choice - We make it simple!"

Jevco and TD meloche mennox will insure you no problem give them a call. TD its pretty much instant, they'll email you a temp insurance slip which is what i brought to the MTO for ownership transfer. Just incase you haven't yet, you need your bike safetied for the ownership transfer as well. Not sure how Jevco works tho! Hope it all works out.
    09 Ninja 250 (Nov 2011)
    Loo for school
    Join upp Group Rides Facebook

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Bweixz View Post
    Jevco and TD meloche mennox will insure you no problem give them a call. TD its pretty much instant, they'll email you a temp insurance slip which is what i brought to the MTO for ownership transfer. Just incase you haven't yet, you need your bike safetied for the ownership transfer as well. Not sure how Jevco works tho! Hope it all works out.
    The speed at which you get the temp slips all depends on how fast you supply them with all the required information.

Jevco should write you, but be warned that it will probably be a lot of money for a typical 17yo to afford.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)