Coloured chains. Buy or not to buy. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coloured chains. Buy or not to buy.

Re: Coloured chains. Buy or not to buy.

I spoke with a Regina chain engineer and he insisted that cleaning a chain will shorten it's life. He said even using a toothbrush will push some dort and debris into the o-rings thus tearing or nicking them and allowing lube out and water in.
    Now I just clean the sideplates so it looks nice, as Brian said, and I stay away from the space between sideplates where o-rings reside.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

RACE Novice #925 - 02 GSXR600 Sportsman Middleweight

Quote Originally Posted by GRAYZ View Post
    You are a day early.

Hey guys thanks for all the info and opinions. Been checking it all out and now have to make a decision. Don't want to put a crappy chain on just to have a red one. (And look good at Timmies, rite Mr.Azim?)
    Love this site for all the opinions and info about experiences.
    Ride it like you stole it.

Quote Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
    Hey guys thanks for all the info and opinions. Been checking it all out and now have to make a decision. Don't want to put a crappy chain on just to have a red one. (And look good at Timmies, rite Mr.Azim?)
    Love this site for all the opinions and info about experiences.
    It seems like the Timmies comment really bothered you.
    Learn to filter through the BS and take in the information that would help you.

As already mentioned, you can get a coloured RK chain for ~$150, It's decent...
    I have had mine for 10,000 KM's and I only adjusted it once.
    The chain is still in good shape and can probably last me the rest of this season but I'm doing a 520 conversion with a -1/+2 set up.
    Mina

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    It seems like the Timmies comment really bothered you.
    Learn to filter through the BS and take in the information that would help you.

As already mentioned, you can get a coloured RK chain for ~$150, It's decent...
    I have had mine for 10,000 KM's and I only adjusted it once.
    The chain is still in good shape and can probably last me the rest of this season but I'm doing a 520 conversion with a -1/+2 set up.
    Yes you are right I should filter through the BS, just don't get why some people say stupid things just because they aren't into it. Anyway that is his opinion. Thanks for the advice.
    Yes I was looking at the RK chain. That is probably the route I will take. If I don't like it I can always put the old one back on. There is nothing wrong with it, I just want a red one. Not too expensive of a risk to take.
    Thanks again for your input 2live&ride.
    Ride it like you stole it.

Quote Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
    Yes you are right I should filter through the BS, just don't get why some people say stupid things just because they aren't into it. Anyway that is his opinion. Thanks for the advice.
    Yes I was looking at the RK chain. That is probably the route I will take. If I don't like it I can always put the old one back on. There is nothing wrong with it, I just want a red one. Not too expensive of a risk to take.
    Thanks again for your input 2live&ride.
    You've got to admit everyone will have a strong sense of opinion, no matter where u go. Learn not to take negativity too harsh and u should enjoy your stay here.

If u want somebody to agree with u all the time, ask your Significant other
    Resident Loudmouth