Trying something new - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trying something new

Re: Trying something new

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    There's no way I could bounce that off a tree without crying.
    My bike is honestly one of the nicest looking at the track, each time I go down I worry about messing it up lol.

There's no way I could bounce that off a tree without crying.
    I know what you mean, I used to be the kind of guy that cleans my bike before every ride, if there was even a scratch it would bother me and I would fix or replace the part...Now I realize that its only a matter of time before you **** something up, but the first time is always the worst feeling...The good thing is after I damage something that is mint, it opens me up and I then ride it even harder after I get over the initial disappointment .

Ahhh, you'll be dead tired and leaning up against a tree to get it started in no time, lol

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    do you save money if you buy it in a crate? unassembled?
    For someone who can say "I wanted to buy another bike, so I did" I don't think money savings was an issue :P
    Don't brake until you see God.

Ahhh, you'll be dead tired and leaning up against a tree to get it started in no time, lol
    It is actually much easier to start then I though, well actually only after figuring out it still has a choke even thou its FI...LOL I almost broke my foot the first night after kicking for 10 min, then realized it has a choke and 1 kick and it fired right up...haha

I think it's just something like a "high idle" and not a typical choke. Someone mentioned it at the track that was on an FI bike on the weekend...
    I'm still on a carb so I haven't really read too much about em.

Supposedly the FI bikes are easier to start when hot than the carb bikes... That's when it matters, dump it over in a race and gotta pick it up and get going again.

Quote Originally Posted by rmemedic View Post
    I think it's just something like a "high idle" and not a typical choke. Someone mentioned it at the track that was on an FI bike on the weekend...
    I'm still on a carb so I haven't really read too much about em.

Supposedly the FI bikes are easier to start when hot than the carb bikes... That's when it matters, dump it over in a race and gotta pick it up and get going again.
    Yes Kawi calls it fast idle, the 03/04 636 still had it even thou it was also FI...I still call it a choke for some reason....On the KX its just like a choke a little knob that you pull out on the side of the throttle body...

The bike starts pretty easy when cold as long as you use the fast idle, but I guess thats cause its brand new

You learn every day ... FI bike with a manual lever to operate idle. interesting.

Finally Kimpex decided to ship out my billet throttle tube 2 weeks later!

I also tapped the handle bar ends, and added threaded inserts for the hand guards

Thats it for now, just waiting on the rest of the stuff to come in, then I can finally try some sliding around... Rims should be here within the next week or 2. Brembo radial HP caliper + mount, and billet 16x16 master are supposed to arrive this week sometime. Braking SK2 320mm front rotor and matching rear rotor next week. Ordered a Yoyodyne slipper clutch on Sunday, and Cycra probend hand guards with low profile shields were also ordered. Pulled 20 hours of overtime last weekend so I can order the Akrapovic EVO on Friday when I get payed....

Anyone have any suggestions for better price on Akrapovic EVO? best price so far is $975 + tax shipped locally... Ebay is $935 shipped, but who knows what I might or might not get hit up for at the door in import fees...Rather know for sure, and get it faster....