Trying something new

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying something new

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trying something new

Wanted to buy another bike, and didnt want to buy another sportbike. So I decided to try something new and bought the 2012 KX450f...Going to try some dirt before I convert it to supermoto
    Ordered it on Saturday and picked it up today, thanks to Kahuna powersports

Re: Trying something new

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Wanted to buy another bike, and didnt want to buy another sportbike. So I decided to try something new and bought the 2012 KX450f...Going to try some dirt before I convert it to supermoto
    Ordered it on Saturday and picked it up today, thanks to Kahuna powersports

do you save money if you buy it in a crate? unassembled?

Good stuff. Glad to hear you plan to set it up for supermoto too. Check out the supermoto ontario club website for track days http://www.supermotoontario.com
    also there are a set of kx wheels (with 320mm rotor and caliper relocation bracket) on the for sale page http://www.supermotoontario.com/p/for-sale.html not sure if they'll fit the 2012 but worth looking into...
    New Supermoto Ontario Club http://www.supermotoontario.com
    My Personal Website http://www.jerrettbellamy.com

Drooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!
    My Adventures in Dirt : http://www.youtube.com/xhumeka

Congrats Johnny...nice to see you back up and running again

Quote Originally Posted by rich6969 View Post
    Congrats Johnny...nice to see you back up and running again
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jerrett View Post
    Good stuff. Glad to hear you plan to set it up for supermoto too. Check out the supermoto ontario club website for track days http://www.supermotoontario.com
    also there are a set of kx wheels (with 320mm rotor and caliper relocation bracket) on the for sale page http://www.supermotoontario.com/p/for-sale.html not sure if they'll fit the 2012 but worth looking into...
    Thanks I will be looking for places to ride when I get it set up for supermoto

I dont think 07 wheels fit the newer ones, plus gold isnt really my favorite color....Im actually putting a deposit down on a set of Marchensini's today, they are a special order so will take a few weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    do you save money if you buy it in a crate? unassembled?
    Yes you might work the cost into your total deal, but they do need to charge you something for their mechanics to assemble it. I just didnt want any mechanics to test ride it before me, and it also saves another day or 2 of waiting for that to get done....The salesman already told me when the mechanics saw the 450F on the box when it came in, they were asking "Can I do the PDI on this one"....

Yes you might work the cost into your total deal, but they do need to charge you something for their mechanics to assemble it. I just didnt want any mechanics to test ride it before me, and it also saves another day or 2 of waiting for that to get done....The salesman already told me when the mechanics saw the 450F on the box when it came in, they were asking "Can I do the PDI on this one"....
    There's nowhere to test ride a 450 at Kahuna man!.. There's no room there and it's an off road bike they can't go on the streets with that thing... I'm sure you had nothing to worry about someone riding your new bike..

Quote Originally Posted by StuntersINC View Post
    There's nowhere to test ride a 450 at Kahuna man!.. There's no room there and it's an off road bike they can't go on the streets with that thing... I'm sure you had nothing to worry about someone riding your new bike..
    Thats exactly what I said, when he said it "where would they ride it theres no room here" And Rod said they dont care, when an MX bike or ATV comes in they rip them up and down the street.

And either way it feels nicer to bring it home completely fresh with some assembly required
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 03-31-2012 at 12:36 PM.

The bike I picked up from Kahuna a couple weeks ago had 0 km on the odo......they didn't have the time or weather to ride it.

Seen alot of do it yourself posts about that, so yes its possible alot of people use them...
    I pmed the guy on smjunkie and he is unsure if it'll work for a CRF. Let me know if it works out for you, as he said that you just ordered one to try it out.
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

Quote Originally Posted by georgy View Post
    I pmed the guy on smjunkie and he is unsure if it'll work for a CRF. Let me know if it works out for you, as he said that you just ordered one to try it out.
    Looks like I can make it work, all you have to do is drill and tap 2 holes in the top of the swingarm...I'll let you know how it fits

The Graves block looked even harder to install on my KX, because where it should mount on my bike there is a big weld on the swingarm. So it would be hard to make it sit straight on top of the weld, something else would have to be made or added to make that one fit also

Well I got it today, looks nice, little pricey ($70 after conversion and shipping) but worth it IMO...

Looks like Im going to have to shorten my stock chain guide a little to make it fit better, but other then that drill and tap 2 holes and its on

Well I got it today, looks nice, little pricey ($70 after conversion and shipping) but worth it IMO...

Looks like Im going to have to shorten my stock chain guide a little to make it fit better, but other then that drill and tap 2 holes and its on

I'm surprised you didn't just make one yourself

Nice Bike
    If you master this like you did with Stunting, I can't wait to see the Vids
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

So Johnny how's it ride??? you like the new ?

Quote Originally Posted by rich6969 View Post
    So Johnny how's it ride??? you like the new ?
    Ive only messed around on it a few times on pavement, its fun to ride, tons of power...Im going to hurt myself on it I know that already

Ive only messed around on it a few times on pavement, its fun to ride, tons of power...Im going to hurt myself on it I know that already
    You like pain anyways lol....

Perfect, thanks. You think that it should be sitting further forward on the swingarm?
    RACE #36
    2011 CRF450R SM

Perfect, thanks. You think that it should be sitting further forward on the swingarm?
    I'll have a better idea when the rims come in and I put them on, but compared to the pictures of it installed on the bike its designed for. It looks like they have it an inch or more forward then what my bike will allow with the stock chain guide..