My New Project! - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My New Project!

Re: My New Project!

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    I'm all for matching accents, but the mirrors need to go dude! lol
    Yes they will be turned to matt black also! i was soo pooped after alll the work i just wanted to enjoy the ride for a bit then go home!
    150cc GY6 scooter-Sold.
    1992 Yamaha XJ 600, Street Fighter.
    LOOK FOR Dual Reflective Punisher Patches

I'm all for matching accents, but the mirrors need to go dude! lol
    I personally dont like the mirrors either, but for $10 what the hay right? I thought id try them out i think once i paint them it should actually look nice.
    150cc GY6 scooter-Sold.

LoL... Sorry man, I didn't mean to offend you, I just thought they looked really off.
    As long as you're enjoying the ride, then it's all good...
    Mina

nice looking little bike you got there.

I would buy cheap aftermarket bar end mirrors off flea-bay if it were me.

and careful when gassing up. If you haven't put a protective clear coat over your rattle can paint job, gas is gonna eat the paint if you spill any.

LoL... Sorry man, I didn't mean to offend you, I just thought they looked really off.
    As long as you're enjoying the ride, then it's all good...
    Not offended i love constructive criticism

Quote Originally Posted by magnus View Post
    nice looking little bike you got there.

I would buy cheap aftermarket bar end mirrors off flea-bay if it were me.

and careful when gassing up. If you haven't put a protective clear coat over your rattle can paint job, gas is gonna eat the paint if you spill any.
    ya, learned that the hard way... sigh.... but ya cleaned up the tank, sanded it down, and touched up the paint all over again (this being the 2nd time) so ya ill definitely take you advice and add a clear coat, because now i am EXTREMELY careful to not even get the slightest sprinkle of gas on my tank...

More changes to come in the next week or so being accessories, aesthetic, and performance stay tuned guys

P.S. feel free to say whatever you think about my work Good or bad, doesnt matter, if im doing anything wrong or not properly please tell me. I have that, do it right, do it once! attitude Thanks again.

-Armen
    150cc GY6 scooter-Sold.

If you haven't put a protective clear coat over your rattle can paint job, gas is gonna eat the paint if you spill any.
    If its not too much trouble can you suggest one? because im sick of all the little splotches of gas randomly popping up after a fill, so im going to sand the entire tank and redo it once more, this time to finish off with said clear coat
    150cc GY6 scooter-Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen444 View Post
    If its not too much trouble can you suggest one? because im sick of all the little splotches of gas randomly popping up after a fill, so im going to sand the entire tank and redo it once more, this time to finish off with said clear coat
    What i would do is rattle can the paint yourself and then take it to an auto body shop for the clear coat. They should only charge you about $40, but it will be worth the money for a well done job you know will keep the gas from eating the paint.

the clear coat is less forgiving than the paint as you have to make sure you put it on at the right temperature and humidity or it will cure milky. I'm no expert, but I believe 70 degrees with no humidity is the optimal conditions.

What i would do is rattle can the paint yourself and then take it to an auto body shop for the clear coat. They should only charge you about $40, but it will be worth the money for a well done job you know will keep the gas from eating the paint.

the clear coat is less forgiving than the paint as you have to make sure you put it on at the right temperature and humidity or it will cure milky. I'm no expert, but I believe 70 degrees with no humidity is the optimal conditions.
    hmm i c, is there anyway i could do it in my garage? dehumidifier + a warmish day? must it be airbrushed or is there a rattle can solution? tbh id rather do it all myself and if i do screw it up ill just try again :P Im really in it for learning. Thats why im not scared to start wrenching on my bike.
    150cc GY6 scooter-Sold.

cleaned and re-lubed the clutch cable....DAMN did that make a huge difference! all this time i was pulling that black grime back and forth, no wonder my wrist hurt alot while riding... well at least now its squeaky clean (minus a little rust, considering replacing it soon). EBC Clutch springs arrived today Steel and Friction plates on the way... also a sneak peak to the accents on the bike (im still in the process of positioning the rest).

The friendly mail man decided to bring me my DealExtreme package a few days ago heres what i got, there's more to come however, they shipped it in separate packages
    3 flashlights. One for the trunk, one for carrying/home, and one for the shop.
    Digital tire pressure guage
    blue back lit voltmeter (currently wired, and in my trunk)
    12V usb charger for the phone, GPS, Tank Cam (still to come), BT accessories, etc. etc.
    12V 5W 270LM rear LED Brake light
    a pair of blue LED's
    a blue lit push button switch
    a pair of 130lm 7000k globe lights
    and the last on the menu, a ballast... i think you know what i have in mind

Rear LED brake light installed... could of been a little brighter, but works well

Still more to come, stay tuned Id love to hear your opinions!
    150cc GY6 scooter-Sold.

Hey, I recognize this bike. It does look good in person.
    Mark H.
    06 ZX-14

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirty View Post
    Hey, I recognize this bike. It does look good in person.
    Thanks Mark :P Glad to hear you got home ok after the ride
    150cc GY6 scooter-Sold.

I just have the most delightful mailman :P i got a few new toys today the HID's arrived, along with a 12v 4 way plug adapter and an awesome S & W double sided dagger!

Alright so back on topic :P
    I just recieved a 6000K (supposedly) 3200LM HID headlight. So after "mounting" the ballast i was able to fish all the wires through the headlight housing and connect it all easy as pie! unfortunately i do not have any type of projector however the beam of light isnt all to bad, sort of shaped like a V right infront of me and im pretty happy with it considering i only paid about $50 for the set

stupid plastic casing didn't fit in so i yanked it out :P

so as you can see i have "mounted" the ballast with electric tape :P clearly just temporary, im working on machining a bracket for it

my blue backlit LCD volt-meter under my seat

A few problems i would like to address with the HID unit, hopefully a few more experienced members can chime in on this.
    So after connecting the HID Unit successfully it turned on and worked great, waited for about 3-5 minutes but the HID only blinks kind of fast but does not stay on steady... is this normal? do i have to wait longer for it to heat up? or is 35W of power insufficient for the bulb i am using? This is a 2 stage HID unit, meaning it does have both Hi and Lo beam, Hi beam works without a hitch, color is no where near 6000K but im ok with that, but at low beam it seems as if the HID is having trouble kicking in... any solutions guys? ill see what i can do about a visual aid if need be Thanks in advance
    150cc GY6 scooter-Sold.