Whats wrong with State Farm?? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats wrong with State Farm??

Re: Whats wrong with State Farm??

orangeville adress, insurance is half price.
    I also have a speeding ticket for 49 over
    same price on same bike for last 3 years, im 29

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    04 636...LIABILITY + Theft + fire - im 25 now...im paying $936/year. But I have the house + car with statefarm.

Call up Sabrina Paul @ Statefarm - Ajax...she gets me better rates than my agent does.

Comparison: 2005 ZX10R - $1200 year - liability + theft + fire

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was 24:
    04 636 : $2025/ year
    05 ZX10R: $2700/year
    98 GSXR 600 : $1700/Year
    '97 Ninja 250R : $690/Year
    04 GSXR 600: $1800/Year

She's a great to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    Call up Sabrina Paul @ Statefarm - Ajax...she gets me better rates than my agent does.
    How can one state farm agent get you a better rate than another state farm agent?

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    How can one state farm agent get you a better rate than another state farm agent?
    They can't -- but one could be better than the other at responding to your questions.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    They go by cc's so a 636 would cost more to insure.
    It isn't a rate per CC, but rather the CCs will be grouped into bands that receive the same factor (eg. 590 to 690, 691 to 790, etc.). Most likely the 600 and the 636 are in the same band and get the same displacement factor. The difference in rate is probably due to the value of the bike or something. Your rate is not simply a flat dollar per CC, but it's calculated based on many specific rating criteria (only one of which is displacement).
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    It isn't a rate per CC, but rather the CCs will be grouped into bands that receive the same factor (eg. 590 to 690, 691 to 790, etc.). Most likely the 600 and the 636 are in the same band and get the same displacement factor. The difference in rate is probably due to the value of the bike or something. Your rate is not simply a flat dollar per CC, but it's calculated based on many specific rating criteria (only one of which is displacement).
    I think the 636 is grouped with the 750cc..
    I had a 600cc paying 3.5k/yr and just picked up a 636 and was quoted 4.9k/yr.
    I was never asked the value of the 636 either.

Yeah, my old bike was 6900$ value, my 636 was 4000$ and its still more expensive.but i learned to wheelie alottt easier on kawi tho heh, maybe a risk factor lol
    WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes View Post
    Statefarm is run by a bunch of pencil neck jerk offs that dont like to pay out when you get in an accident (FYI)
    Do you have personal experience with them? I found the absolute opposite! Crashed my bike, gave me TONS of cash for it even though it had 40,000km's on it, gave me FULL VALUE for all my accessories (power commander, exhaust, brake lines, chain, sprockets! Only thing they didn't cover was my EBC brake pads "maintenance item"). They also covered my Canon 40D SLR camera and zoom lens, as well as my tank mounted camera NO QUESTIONS ASKED! Because I was in the hospital and not able to fax all the paperwork they needed, etc., they just started cutting me wage replacement cheques immediately and just adjusted the amount accordingly once I got the paperwork in. Absolutely no quibbles about paying for physio, home exercise equipment, $900 shoes, they gave me rides to court, etc. I have absolutely NO complaints with Statefarm's claims department! Smokin good rate too at $113/mo, comes automatically off my credit card each month! Not many companies do that!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    Not quite true, I had someone back into my bike and SF was awesome, Cut me a cheque for ALOT more then I was hoping for to repair the bike myself.
    And they offered me almost $1000 more then I paid for the bike if I wanted to go the write-off route.
    Yep, their claims dept kicks *** Same deal with me, I was ready for a big fight! I printed off three comparable's on Kijiji and was ready to battle. They offered me $1,600 higher than any of the bikes I printed out (which were in better condition with less KM's than mine!). Yes please, had the cheque sent by express courier and got it the next day!

Statefarm I love you

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

If you bring a car to them they will knock off almost $600/year.
    I tried State Farm, but their rate on my car far outweighed any cost savings on the bike.
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

yup.. thats my quote.

Quote Originally Posted by klr_guy View Post
    I tried State Farm, but their rate on my car far outweighed any cost savings on the bike.

Yeah, They were $20/month more then my previous truck premium but witht he $50/month discount I was up $30. And a $20 discount for my $13 renters insurance.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

And a $20 discount for my $13 renters insurance.
    My GF just found out that nifty little trick with SF... Add renters insurance for about $15, save about $30 on her Auto insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by baljci View Post
    Yeah, my old bike was 6900$ value, my 636 was 4000$ and its still more expensive.but i learned to wheelie alottt easier on kawi tho heh, maybe a risk factor lol
    On a closed road right? xP

Quote Originally Posted by 2live&ride View Post
    You should look elsewhere... an SV is not an SS and I'm sure you can get a cheap rate somewhere else.
    "General" insurance companies are horrible for mis-classifying bikes.

I hope I don't have any issues with state farm... they were the only company that would insure me.

06 CBR 1000rr @ 487.00 a month

Quote Originally Posted by klr_guy View Post
    Damn Straight! I got quoted 300$ for my POS 98 corolla. I am paying 198/Month to Intact. I just called them up and asked them if i get my home and car with them again will i get a discount and they told me bikes and cars are different categories and they wont get me any discount. I had insurance with them until they raised 56$ on my policy overnight for no fault or anything and told me the rates went up, REAL!. I cancelled and got in with intact. Also there is no cancellation fee, so it didnt hurt at all :P

$92/month for an 08 CBR 1000RR. Anything significantly more and I would just do track only. $5.8k buys a lot of track days.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR1000RRMATT View Post
    I hope I don't have any issues with state farm... they were the only company that would insure me.

06 CBR 1000rr @ 487.00 a month
    don't be a road crayon, wear your gear, the road doesn't care how "cool" you think you look when it's busy cheese grading your skin.

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    On a closed road right? xP
    Oh for sure!

What about Allstate insurance, i got qouted really cheap for my car with them but couldnt give me a quote for my bike due to my age, but ill be able to get a quote in a month( my birthday)
    WINNING!

Quote Originally Posted by smergy View Post
    $92/month for an 08 CBR 1000RR. Anything significantly more and I would just do track only. $5.8k buys a lot of track days.
    geez thats decent.....

just under $1300 for a 2000 zx12r for me
    riding a moped is like having sex with a fat chick.
    sure it may be fun, but you don't want your friends to find out

00 ZX12R

Quote Originally Posted by SXE MX6 View Post
    geez thats decent.....

just under $1300 for a 2000 zx12r for me
    Do you have anything else insured with them??
    WINNING!