Insurance w/o safety courses

Thread: Insurance w/o safety courses

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Insurance w/o safety courses

I know it's better to take the course, etc. but they are all booked till May and I have a friend who can teach me to ride, so all I need is to get insurance w/o safety course and it should be reasonable priced. Would really appreciate if someone can hook me up with any company/broker who would likely provide me with a reasonable quote. I'm 30 (but less then 5 years in North America, so no state farm) and have only M1 insuring 2009 Kawasaki ninja 650R. Thanks for any input.

Re: Insurance w/o safety courses

Quote Originally Posted by DEA View Post
    I know it's better to take the course, etc. but they are all booked till May and I have a friend who can teach me to ride, so all I need is to get insurance w/o safety course and it should be reasonable priced. Would really appreciate if someone can hook me up with any company/broker who would likely provide me with a reasonable quote. I'm 30 (but less then 5 years in North America, so no state farm) and have only M1 insuring 2009 Kawasaki ninja 650R. Thanks for any input.
    With only an M1 and no safety course and not beoing eligible for SF, I'm not sure exactly where to go but be in for a fairly high premium.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Courses don't discount the insurance quotes. They won't even ask you if you have a certif. or not...
    2009 Ninja 250r (June, 2011 - present)

Quote Originally Posted by whetaus-tr View Post
    Courses don't discount the insurance quotes. They won't even ask you if you have a certif. or not...
    Really? I can only speak for TD MM, but safety course certificate, which they required me to fax to them, made a huge difference when I got it.

I know SF doesn't care but I have done other quotes that it made a big difference with.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Your over 25, so checkout ridersplus insurance, they will give you discount for taking course. In fact they won't insure you without it.
    Bike: 1994 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Cage: 2002 Supercharged SVT Focus

Quote Originally Posted by bikermahn View Post
    Your over 25, so checkout ridersplus insurance, they will give you discount for taking course. In fact they won't insure you without it.
    I know, the difference is like $1K per year ...

Do you know any company other then SF (can't get quote from them as i said) who doesn't care about safety courses?