Locksmiths in Markham?

Thread: Locksmiths in Markham?

Locksmiths in Markham?

Trying to get a spare made.

Looked on Google for a GS500F. gstwin forums said 3 bux for a spare (probably in the US). I called around from googled Markham locksmiths and they said they don't deal with ignition keys. I call Suzuki, they said I need some 4 digit number (never came with bike when I bought used because I was a newbie).

So.....who cuts keys in Markham?

When I got my spare keys done, I bought blanks online (eBay) then took them to Canadian tire. The girl at the key cutting place said she would not guarantee that they would work so cut and gave them to me free.

They worked well !!!

I can't remember which Canadian tire it was ( Toronto )

Re: Locksmiths in Markham?

Lock Clinic Inc.
    5694 Hwy 7 in Markham 905-294-0660 (between McCowan and Markham Rds.)

Member on this board.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...p?3538-rstnick

Canadian Tire couldn't get it right (automated machine, but free), brought it to Home Depot (manual machine) and got it right the first try ($3).

Buy a genuine blank from any dealer and bring it in.

Got my first Kawasaki key done at an old style locksmith. Stay away from the 16 year old that just mans the automatic machine...they have no clue. Handed the guy my key, he found the closest blank then cut it on the machine and hand filed it after to fit. Second bike key I got a blank on Ebay..took it to the same guy and there was no need to mess about, just used the maching to copy it, worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayv View Post
    Lock Clinic Inc.
    5694 Hwy 7 in Markham 905-294-0660 (between McCowan and Markham Rds.)

Member on this board.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...p?3538-rstnick
    Oooo thank you very much.

I will try the other methods if this fail.s

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
    Canadian Tire couldn't get it right (automated machine, but free), brought it to Home Depot (manual machine) and got it right the first try ($3).

Buy a genuine blank from any dealer and bring it in.
    Yeah...the Lock Clinic dude wants me to get a blank key (20 bux) and he is charging 18 on top. I think I'm gonna go with this option if I have to find a blank.

Quote Originally Posted by 油井緋色 View Post
    Yeah...the Lock Clinic dude wants me to get a blank key (20 bux) and he is charging 18 on top. I think I'm gonna go with this option if I have to find a blank.
    Check ebay. Blanks are dirt cheap there with free shipping. Great if you're in no hurry as it may take a few days to get to you.